Calling All Buff Orpington Lovers!

Do you own Buff Orpington's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My Buffo is broody! Has anyone seen a chicken with a slightly small head, pale and undersized comb and wattles? She’s a little odd and I’m hoping it won’t interfere with raising some chicks.
D607D2F8-61CD-4241-9EF8-F1D444478A6D.jpeg
109DD328-691E-40BE-9A0D-B14DC3F60DC2.jpeg
BAA7041D-2CEB-4416-90E7-E504BDE5AB9F.jpeg

@EmmaRainboe why don't you like Buff Orpingtons? Just wondering. I love all chickens big, small, fluffy, bald.
There are many reasons. Though I’m afraid I’ll get torn apart in a Buff Orpington lover thread. :oops:

In reality, I too, love all chickens. Buff Orps are just at the very bottom of the tower IMO. I wouldn’t get rid of them if I happened to own them. But I would never choose them out or try to own them.

Brand new to having my own flock (grew up ALWAYS having various poultry, in various stages of life). So far 5 buff orpingtons, 2 Wyandotte (silver-laced) and one olive egger. 4 weeks old today. So far the buffs are the best at foraging, scratching and pecking right along. The olive egger just looks confused 🤦.
I am also waiting for a acquaintance to hatch out his lavender orpingtons, and I plan on getting 4 of them.
I had a list of requirements for my chickens and so far the orpingtons are meeting them.

Back
Top Bottom