Calling All Duns

Perfect! I always wondered about this, which was dominant over which. I'm guessing with platinum, they're co-dominant.

I bought a blue-red sport OEGB last fall (that unfortunately got killed), but it didn't look anything like what I would've expected. It was actually whitish with some blue streaks and a bit of gold mixed in. I would have expected more definition to his coloring.

Quote:
Sure, but who came up with the term Platinum?
The term suggests that such birds were already bred and documented.
Would there be any photos?
If not, how did they look?

When I crossed dun and blue the offspring were more of an even color overall. The duns that I had had darker necks and the blues had darker neck also. The offspring were more of an even color with very little lacing showing up. The overall body color was just like that of the duns. But it seemed that overall all of the offspring were the same shade unlike with blues and duns where you get a variation in the shade.

wclawrence that little phoenis is looking good. And your inbox is full.

I did not come up with that name or make it up, but I can't remember where I heard that, or who I heard it from. Maybe I am wrong? It would not be the first time! Or the last.

I was thinking and thought I better ask,
Unless I am mistaken Khaki is the same as Fawn right?

primate poo,
That is the color alright.
I think maybe the reason I am getting a little less expression is because I have extra melanizers? or maybe because I breed back to black birds every time, instead of dun x dun crossing?

Quote:
I'm not sure about other breeds, but I know for OEGB fawn is dun, and sport is dun splash. I'm guessing then that khaki is the same as fawn.

Some examples I found:

Fawn silver duckwing http://www.bantychicken.com/OEGBCA/vfawnsilverduck.html
This
roo's coloring is about what my fawn breasted red girls are. They are a light brown with red.

Sport breasted red (a photo I found)
FawnSportBBR.jpg

You can see that his color is pretty washed out. Hens are nearly white with gold.
BBRSport.jpg

WOW!!
ep.gif
He is beautiful
droolin.gif

I'm going to be very interested to see what I get with my dun on dun and dun on splash, eggs start hatching next weekend...
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom