Calling all egg picklers

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
I have like 8 dozen bantam eggs. I am going to try out Joe Bryant's beet pickled egg recipe, but wondering if anyone would care to share some dill recipes?

I made dill pickled eggs once, but they weren't like ones I'd ate before. Too vinegar-y of a taste. Anyone have a recipe for a good dilly recipe?

Thanks in advance!

Angela

Quote:
If you have a favorite dill pickle brand put your eggs in there when the pickles are all gone. Otherwise, I have a dill pickle recipe that I use that has vinegar, water, salt, dill and other spices. I'll get the exact measurements later today if you are interested.

So I can just use any "quick" dill pickle recipe? I can probably find one of those online. I want to pickle a bunch of eggs, so I would need more than what's left in a pickle jar.

Quote:
Are you going to can them or just put the eggs in the brine and let them set for awhile?? Anyway, not sure how many eggs you have to use up, this brine is for 7 pounds of cucumbers for 7 quarts. You can adjust your measurments. Spices can be adjusted to your liking as well.

1 qt. vinegar (white) 2 qts. water
1/2 cup canning salt onion slices
1/2 cup salt 3/4 tsp. garlic (I use fresh, cut up)
3 tsp. crushed red pepper (again, I use fresh)
bring to a boil and simmer for several minutes then use.
I hope this helps you out.
The seasoning can be omitted/ adjusted or use fresh which I do.
When our pickles are gone (within 10 min after opening a jar) in goes the eggs.
Good luck!

you can the use pickle juice from a jar of pickles after you eat them? do you have to add anyhting to old pickle juice if not how long can you reuse it? i always wonderd about that we have like 12 dozen eggs we need to do someting with too.

Just for somethig different, you can put them in pickled beet juice too after the beets are gone. Makes for pretty pink eggs that look so nice when sliced for salads and they taste good too.

Sorry just re-read the OP and realized the request was for dill pickled eggs not beet pickled eggs....brain has become mush:)

Last edited:
I use a gallon jar, and 3 cans of pickled beets,(beets and Juice) 2 cups vinegar, put in eggs, then add water to fill. I have cut up a onion and put in before too. Let set at least 6 days refrigerated. Teresa in WV

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom