Calling all Nankin Breeders I need help!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bantamman13, Sep 18, 2009.

1. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Who has a good picture of what a SQ Nankin looks like. The pics I see do not always match what the standard describes doe's anyone have a picture of birds they have won with? Or know where I can find them? I have been trying to get on the Nankin forum for some time It is very slow getting on there evidently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    I don't know anything about them, so I hope someone will help. BUMP! [​IMG]

3. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Hi, bantamman13 I'm also intrested in Nankins right now. In fact, I'm getting a pair from a breeder hopefully in a couple of weeks. I don't have any pics right now, but I know the The Nankin Club of America has a stantard and discribtion of the breed. They also have a forum. Thats were I met the breeder who's sending me the birds.

Hope this helped
    ~Rio

4. KyBlue

KyBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
  5. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love my Nankin babies! I don't have adult photos as I hatched these two in the bator and they are only about 8 weeks old. They are tiny and wonderful little birds [​IMG]

Tammie

6. bantamman13

May 27, 2008
    Thanks everyone for the help at least I have some leads to work on now. Its amazing how little solid info is out there on such a old breed it's a shame as they are great little birds.

7. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    There are some good pictures on this website...

http://nankins.bravepages.com/index.html

Ok, not as many as there used to be. The owner of that site, Nancy, could give you all the info you wanted and probably more. Her email address is on there, you may give it a shot.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  8. bantamman13

May 27, 2008
    Thanks Dustin and to everyone, these are such great little birds I can't believe they are so hard to find or get info on.

9. SLucchesi

SLucchesi New Egg

Mar 29, 2016
    I have Nankin Cockerels available!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by