calling all roo experts!!! What kind of roo am I *pictures* ?????

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
This is a boy I hatched out 6 months ago. He is big and Gorgeous! he has feathered legs and cheeks that resemble an EE-legs are white though? My dilemma is where I bought the eggs from did not have an EE's on the premises-so I dont know what to think? Also he has 5 toes on each foot??? His cob has three sections-the middle one is the big squiggly one and the right and left sides of it are small squiggly ones? Rose comb? Also what kind of egg color would he produce if bred and I hatch out pullets??? Is he a good mate for my EE girls??

25181_cimg2516.jpg

25181_cimg2517.jpg

25181_cimg2510.jpg

25181_cimg2526.jpg

Quote:
wow I dont even know what those look like? I usually do a ton of research on what breeds I do have. He's huge-is that normal-are faverolle's standard size? so many questions-I dont have any pullets of his breed-I kept him because I thought he might have the colored egg gene of blue or green eggs? what color eggs do these guys give off? what should I mate him with ? Im totally keeping him-he loves my BO's and RIR-and cinnamin queens! If I let him mate with my EE's how would they look?

ok just looked up my ordering info from buying the egg on this guy and yes there was a salmon favorelle roo mating in the pen-woo-ok now to research on this breed:)

I've had a salmon favorolle hen for a couple of years now, and she's so sweet and a wonderful mother. I don't know much about the roos, but I think your roo is gorgeous! You'll like this breed, I bet.

Quote:
wow I dont even know what those look like? I usually do a ton of research on what breeds I do have. He's huge-is that normal-are faverolle's standard size? so many questions-I dont have any pullets of his breed-I kept him because I thought he might have the colored egg gene of blue or green eggs? what color eggs do these guys give off? what should I mate him with ? Im totally keeping him-he loves my BO's and RIR-and cinnamin queens! If I let him mate with my EE's how would they look?

I think they would look really pretty. He almost looks like he has muffs from the side. I would do it, he is such a pretty boy.

He's a very colourful mutt, NOT a Faverolle. Faverolles have feathered legs, he doesn't. Faverolles have single combs, he doesn't. Salmon Faverolles have solid black breasts & fluff, he doesn't. Faverolles don't have lacing in their hackle, he does. A Salmon Faverolle would have a solid black beard, he doesn't. Otherwise, yeah, sure looks like a Faverolle.

Back
Top Bottom