Calling All Soap Makers!!!

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
Hi! My two year old daughter has excema and during the summer it gets quite bad, I'm looking for someone who can make oatmeal soaps that are tear free?! OR if you have any other soaps that help with severe dry skin and excema please let me know as the big brands don't sell soaps that are very gentle and her little skin shows it! Thanks!

Don't know about tear free but tea tree oil soap is awesome for exzema. You might get a better response if you ask on the soap makers help thread. There are a few others that are good too but my brain is tired right now

I don't think any homemade soap can be tear free. The PH of soap is too high and there is just no way to lower it. Tear free shampoos are tear free because they are detergents that have matched the PH of the eyes.

Is the excema on her face? I would look too see if you have a local soapmaker in your area or come over to the soapmaker's thread and learn to make your own! If not, then there are several of us who sell soaps.

Have you ever tried Pine Tar Soap? It isn't tear free and is handmade but, I've made several batches and sell it like mad to people who say it helps with anything from dry skin, rashes, sunburn, dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis. If she is suffering and you want to try it I will send you some. Send me your address via PM. No charge, sounds like you need help for your little one. I know it helps my boys with poison ivy and my MIL with her severe dry skin and a woman my DH works with uses it for her Psoriasis all say it relieves as well as helps to condition the skin. It is worth a try. You can even buy a salve made with the pine tar but I don't make it I've seen it on ebay. And as Morgaine said Oatmeal soap is good to keep the skin conditioned but watch for additives such as scents and dyes etc... these will effect her. You can take Oatmeal (not Oldfashioned) and put it in a stocking add it to her bath water and this will help as well. It will make the water quite slimy but the benifit she will be getting is worth it. It is cheaper than the name brand Oatmeal soaks you can buy too. 100% Castile Soap (Olive Oil) is also an option but nothing handmade will be tearfree. Hope this helps and just let me know if you want to try the pine tar soap.

Best Wishes
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom