Calling All Texas Chicken Farmers

MissChessy

Songster
12 Years
Sep 24, 2007
Texas
What kind of feed do you feed your flocks? Acco Feed, Full O' Pep Feed, or Purina? Is there another brand of feed out there that is better than these?

I feed my flock the Acco Feed from Sutherland's. For a 50lb bag Layer Feed it is $10 and for a 25lb bag of chick starter grower it is $5.99.

ADM ALLiance Pen Pals and Faithway Feeds. EXCELLENT feeds. No dust in the ones I've bought. Locally, they also have a 22% layer pellet in addition to the Pride & Pleasure 16% layer pellet. These feeds still contain good quality animal proteins, which I prefer for the condition of my birds and are not as expensive as some other types.

My chicks are on a feed from Lonestar (went to SFA in Nacogdoches, where the Lonestar mill is)
My hens are on a layer from TSC (I think it is Dumor brand) and they get a scratch from Wal-mart (mine has a livestock section....its so weird to me!!LOL) When I run out of layer, I may look into what my feed store carries.

Sarah

I used to feed Full O' Pep but since I can get Dumor at a better price and it's non-medicated so it can feed my ducklings as well I go with it. I'm not sure what I will feed once they hit adult age. Possibly I will try Dumor Layer crumbles and if I don't see a difference toward higher yield I might use Full O'Pep again.

when i feed layer pellets its a 20% feed from the local coop.now they just get grass an buggs.an very little of a 14% pellet feed.

Back
Top Bottom