Calling all veterans and family members. Allies too.

Thanks for all of the military support shown here.

US Army 1989 - ?

1 tour Eroupe
2 tours Korea
2 tours Iraq - First Sergeant, 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles"

1 tour REMF, Ft Rucker, AL until retired.

I have two cousins that served tours in Iraq as Marines.

Seargent Jacob Danes, USMC
Seargetn Joseph Danes, USMC- critically injured in Iraq when the driver of the truck he was in the turret of fell asleep and rolled the vehicle. Was in a coma for three months. Recovered and has done so well since his recovery that they could not medically discharge him.

These two men are two of my heroes. They both have children the same ages as mine and left their family and their homes to serve their country. Both had life changing experiences in Iraq. They will always have my love and respect.

Proud American from CT. MY dad was in the Navy 1957, trained at the Great Lakes. I was born in Waukegan, Ill. was there for 2 weeks . He went to Midway Island for over a year, was on a sub. Still don't know what he did. Can't talk about it. Anyway - Happy Father's Day and Thank you for your sacrifice.

Quote:
Yea…. ummmmmm by the way.... slavery is bad.
It never ceases to amaze me, that those that come from South of the Mason- Dixon line just won’t let “it” go and 140 years later still try to justify “it”.

Quote:
Thanks for giving so much for our freedom, we do appreciate it.
Peace,
Dave

Last edited:
Quote:
Dude, you've only got 23 posts, and most of them seem deliberately designed to denigrate and belittle people. And you always sign them "Peace".

What's up with that?

Quote:
Most? Really? Would it be more justified if I had 430? Just because I’m new here doesn’t mean I’m new.
Quote:
Because the world needs more peace.
Peace,
Dave

P.S. Thanks for serving O13. Thanks dacjohns.

Last edited:
Please let's keep it civil. Interservice rivalry and any other contention will just take away from the spirit and intent of this thread.

Today is Flag Day, also my late grandfather's birthday. He was part of the Kansas National Guard and was activited during WWI. He saw action in France.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/jun14.html

Examples of why so many served. It is so we can keep our country free. If you have spent much time in other countries you know that much of what we take for granted is not allowed in other places.

Thank you all.

I served in the US Marine Corps from 1988-1994 and my husband served in the US Army Special Forces from 1988-1993 [he planned career military, but a parachute malfunction & accident got him a medical discharge in '93
sad.png
].

We come from a long line of military [US Army, Navy, and Marines].

I just joined the forum, and it is AWESOME to see the vets and military families here!!!

I'm excited to learn from you guys.

Kelly

Back
Top Bottom