Calling all veterans and family members. Allies too.

There were a lot of great responses to davaroo's "What is a Veteran" thread. Thanks all of you.

I would like to invite all vets and family members that haven't participated in this thread to say hi and tell a little about yourself or your vets.

Hello,
My dad, uncles, grandpa, and great grandpa were in the wars, (Vietnam, Korea, WW2.) I had a cousin serve in Panama and Saudi Arabia. Multiple friends. Serving in Japan and Iraq now. I love and support them 100%. They need our support, even if you don't agree with the war. Our men and women need to know that back home we are backing them all the way! Here is a picture of my dad. Not sure on the year it was taken.
Dad.jpg

And here is a real tear jerker for you all who have about 5 mins to watch. It about our troops.
http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/Impish_Dragon/?action=view&current=Untitled.flv

Hello
My dad was in the Navy. Served aboard several ships and at China Lake. Korea and Vietnam.

X husband was a Marine. I feel I am "still" a Marine wife.
Semper Fi

Hey there, great thread. My dad got in at the tail end of WWII, on CV 21 USS Boxer, an aircraft carrier. I believe he was a machinist mate 2nd class. He was also recalled for Korea.

I know both his brothers served in the military, one in subs and the other a marine.

He was very proud when I joined the USAF through the ROTC.
I was in 4 years, got out when I didn't make regular plus my fiance refused to move to Ohio from southern CA. (He regrets it now!!!)

His older brother is career AF. Used to fly C-5s, now he's a desk jockey.

my unborn baby's daddy is being shipped out in six days *starts crying* I am scared and worried and Josh means everything to me. I don't want to lose him. I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!! He joined the marines before we met and this is my first time with him leaving. I am almost four months pregnant and I am scared.

I am sorry for rambling. I am just so scared for Josh's safety!!

My dad was in North Africa and Italy in WWII. One brother-in-law in Korea and the other in Vietnam. One nephew in the first Gulf war. I did 8 years in the Philippines, now working as a contractor in Afghanistan. Doesn't compare at all for the guys who have to travel outside by convoy. We still worry about visits from the Rocket Ferry.

Back
Top Bottom