Calling all veterans and family members. Allies too.

I wanted to share a really nice story that my father in law had passed on to me. He is a pilot with a major airline.

In coach they had a young man returning home from Iraq. The flight attendant made her usual announcement at the end of the flight when they were landing and acknowledged the soldier. As the plane stopped, the entire plane stood up as if to leave. They began clapping and thanking the soldier, allowing him to be the first person off the plane as a sign of respect. I wish I could tell it as well as someone who had been there but I find it a heart warming story!

Father - US Army, Retired 21 years, Korea & Nam
Mom - US Women's Army Core, 2 yrs. (back when women were discharged once married)
Me
smile.png
- US Army 73-76, Sp 4, ASA, Germany
DH - US Coast Guard, 74-78, Hawaii & Alaska
Sister - US Army 76-79, Ft. Meade Maryland
Nephew - now, US National Guard, Iraq

My Dad was a military lifer, he was Navy the first half of his career and Army the second half. He retired as a Chief Warrant Officer 1V Helicopter Pilot..then he worked Civil Service many years after that. My husband was an officer in the Army National Guard for about 12 years. I was a medtech (Staff Sargent) in my twenties for the AirForce Reserves....so we have alot of love for our country in this family
wink.png

Quote:
Sorry, to jump on this. But every vet and soldier that ever served this country honorable , served their country to the fullest too. They all do and did one thing ... their job.

Okay.

Quote:
Sorry, to jump on this. But every vet and soldier that ever served this country honorable , served their country to the fullest too. They all do and did one thing ... their job.

Okay.

fewwww i am glad you understand.

dangerouschicken,
Do not take this as an argument or against you personally!

Quote:

Okay.

Dangerous Chicken, I understand where you are coming from, being Spiritualist. The only thing I must say is that "we" came to this country to find freedom of speach, religion and many other freedoms.
I used to think if there was no military then there would be no war. That is not accurate. People, even quakers fight for what is needed. Being a paccifist does not mean your neighbor can come into your yard, build a shed or barn using your parcell of property. You pay taxes and need that/deserve that for you and your family. (seeings we pay for that property in land cost and taxes)
I wish there were no need for guns, war or any other need for such things, yet we would have been taken over many years ago. See how being passive the native Americans were....they were defeated, even after they stopped to defend their land.
In this world we are fortunate to have soldiers to do the dirty work so we can enjoy our freedom of religion.
There is a place for ALL of us to serve in this United States of America (serving is not always war, we need the whole spectrum of humantity to keep us whole).
Respectfully,
Kel

DC,

I think you may have been misunderstood when talking about your Uncle George. You are rightfully proud of your heritage. I think your were just trying to say that although you are a Quaker you still have family that served in the military. Thank you. I don't think it was meant that your Uncle George served any more or any less.

Nuff said about that. Moving on.

I mentioned myself earlier. More on my family.
Two brothers served in the Army.
Grandfather served in the Army during WW1.
Two gggrandfathers served during the Civil War.
Have a Spanish American War ancestor and have some Revolutionary War ancestors.
Wife has a bunch of service members on her side also.

DH in AF
smile.png

I've been a wife of a military man for as long as I have been married to him.
We have four children who were each born in different countries...oh, but last ones were twins so they were born in the same place lol

He deploys a lot, but we are thankful and glad to have him home safe now
yippiechickie.gif

Speaking of civil war, don't we all have skeletons in our families, I recall a tale about a GGgrandpa that faught in the civil war...he was from the North fighting for the South! Oh boy, the rest of the "family" was ashamed such idiocity and shunned him from being in the family, he was not welcome back home. His wife stayed in the town with the other family members (probably in hopes he would die), he returned to Maine, taking on another wife, 5 children and life. When he crossed over, his wife went to the claim the benifits so she could raise there 5 kids to find he never divorced his first wife, she got the $$$ and the 2nd wife was S.O.L.
I am begining to understand what ails me, lol, bad blood!

There is a place for us all. Lets hope that peace can be the answer.

Back
Top Bottom