Calling all West-River South Dakotans

Does anyone raise geese? I'm looking for either some goslings or a grown goose. It doesn't matter what breed. I love to use them as weeders in my large yard and snake control.

I do once in awhile! :)
I have 3 RIR's and we just moved from Piedmont into RC. Nervous about getting my hens taken away but so good so far!

Cool! I've had chickens for 3 years now, and have really been enjoying them. I currently have 8 hens: 2 Buff Brahmas, 1 Golden Campine, 1 Spitzhauben, 3 Frizzled Bantam Cochins and 1 Bantam Cochin (not frizzled). And this year for the first time, I will be raising baby chicks.
Looking forward to getting to know other chicken peeps.

I do once in awhile! :)
I have 3 RIR's and we just moved from Piedmont into RC. Nervous about getting my hens taken away but so good so far!

I'm glad to hear you haven't had problems in RC. I think it depends on your neighbors...

Yes, I am very glad too. We built a new house and don't have a privacy fence up yet, so the coop is in plain view. The other day I saw several cop cars driving in and around our neighborhood, I was very worried! I guess there was a break in somewhere and they were looking for the suspect. But still, the could easily see the coop! Then several days later, a patrol car went driving right past our house, turned around at the end of the street and drove by again! I was for sure he was going to stop but nothing yet. I just love my girls and they are so good about giving 2 to 3 eggs every day! I have a couple places they can go if we have to get rid of them but I really hope it doesn't come down to that!!
I'm assuming you are out of town somewhere? Jealous! haha

Yes I am out in the valley near Caputa. And nearly all of my neighbors have chickens. :)
I hope you don't have any trouble there. I think its a little crazy that any barking dog is allowed but people discriminate against a few hens!

Ya know what's even crazier? An old ******* who calls in your chickens because he has nothing better to do!!! On sunday, a pickup parked on the road next to our house, got his binoculars out and staked out our coop and hens!!! I got a notice on my door today. My girls have to be gone by monday :( :( :(
I have a friend who lives out in the country with chickens, horses etc and she said she will take them.

I hope this old ******* gets a good dish of karma. He lives nowhere near us, not even in our neighborhood.

Wow, that is really nasty! I never understand why people have to be mean just to be mean... I'm glad you have a backup plan, but that just really sucks! So sorry! :(

Back
Top Bottom