calling any one from missouri

Here we had the first bloom on the trumpet vine today...

View attachment 2209701

And a pipevine swallowtail on a ditch lily ( think it was a pipevine one... there is another kind that looks very similar though)

View attachment 2209699

And some day lilies... one had a tiny hitchhiking alien (it claimed to be an earth bug... but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen something similar in science fiction alien movies

View attachment 2209696
View attachment 2209697
View attachment 2209698
View attachment 2209700
20200623_143502.jpg
there was a bug in this picture too... But I didn't get close enough to see what it was 😂

@OhZark Biddies i forgot to tell you that I finally butchered 1 of the meat birds. It weighed a little over 6 pounds of usable meat! This morning while letting chickens out I noticed that 2 of the younger meat birds have injured legs. 😞 Not sure if they were the ones that have been roosting on the roost bar and injured themselves jumping down or what. But they just moved themselves to next to be butchered even though they are way smaller than what I would butcher them at.

@OhZark Biddies i forgot to tell you that I finally butchered 1 of the meat birds. It weighed a little over 6 pounds of usable meat! This morning while letting chickens out I noticed that 2 of the younger meat birds have injured legs. 😞 Not sure if they were the ones that have been roosting on the roost bar and injured themselves jumping down or what. But they just moved themselves to next to be butchered even though they are way smaller than what I would butcher them at.
Tell me, how do you kill them? Decapitation? Break neck? I have 3 or 4 extra boys and I probably will have to face doing it myself. But not being meat birds, they are really small yet at 7 weeks.

Tell me, how do you kill them? Decapitation? Break neck? I have 3 or 4 extra boys and I probably will have to face doing it myself. But not being meat birds, they are really small yet at 7 weeks.
I hang them upside down (to calm them) and then I slice open their jugular and let them bleed out.
I’ve tried several other ways and to me this seems like the best ( both for me and the chicken).
The jugular is found on the side of their neck just under the ear and jaw area.

I hang them upside down (to calm them) and then I slice open their jugular and let them bleed out.
I’ve tried several other ways and to me this seems like the best ( both for me and the chicken).
The jugular is found on the side of their neck just under the ear and jaw area.
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom