calling any one from missouri

My dad was born near Macon. We now live in North-east Arkansas, just across the border from Missouri. I grew up in Ca and would NEVER live there again. The folks here are so nice and there is room to breath.
Well did you feel the earthquake last night?

This venerable old oak tree has grown outside our dining room window for many years. It was a stately old thing back in 1960 when the house was built.

PXL_20211114_200500034.jpg

But I had noticed a cavity at its root, and asked a professional tree trimmer to come evaluate its condition last week. To my sorrow and regret but not much to my surprise, he confirmed my fears and advised that it be taken down. Today was its last day. Here's why I'm glad we made the call:

PXL_20211118_211513625.jpg

This venerable old oak tree has grown outside our dining room window for many years. It was a stately old thing back in 1960 when the house was built.

View attachment 2902499

But I had noticed a cavity at its root, and asked a professional tree trimmer to come evaluate its condition last week. To my sorrow and regret but not much to my surprise, he confirmed my fears and advised that it be taken down. Today was its last day. Here's why I'm glad we made the call:

View attachment 2902514
That's so sad!
I cry when those big old trees have to come down.

Growing up there was a big OLD catalpa tree right by out house.
That was my favorite tree. It's leaves were enormous and as a kid with all those long beans hanging down..idk.
It just seemed magical.
Same thing as that oak. Big hole in the middle and had to be taken down. I was so sad!!
And that following summer we had to get an air conditioner.
That tree had been keeping the sun off of our house.

Mixed feelings, for sure. But, better it came down on our schedule than unexpectedly, taking part of the house with it! The tree guy will be back to cut it up, and our teenage boy will stack it in a dry place to be used for firewood next year. Circle of Life. It has kept us cool for years ... Now it will keep us warm. ❤️

45DA5E6C-8D3B-4033-8787-2DE6CB63A203.jpeg
A080EB16-B2EE-4985-86DD-6C74B860CD7F.jpeg
Here’s a little sunshine for you all!
I’m glad to hear that the earthquake just outside of Poplar Bluff doesn’t seem to have caused any damage!!
I was concerned about @jthornton when I saw the headline this morning on FB. I also had visions of the house I’ve been working on being a pile of rubble. 😳🤣
Have a great day everyone!
4 days left here in Jamaica.

Back
Top Bottom