calling any one from missouri

Quote:
Thanks, I've seen this repeatedly. I just wanted a website with basic info, not to correspond with someone. Surely there is a webpage for the MO organization....if not, hmmm strange.

I totally understand. I had to contact her for the spring show. I will say that she was very nice and helpful even though I was a complete newb and had no idea what i was doing. She will mail you the info. They are kind of old-fashioned that way.

Quote:
Would really like to attend this with my daughter as a field trip for her 4-H project (and maybe to pick up some birds...don't tell DH that part). I've searched online and can find zero info other than the date and location.

Do we need to join APA before hand for any perks? Can we join there? Is the campground at the fairgrounds open for the show? LOL sorry for so many questions, but I am nutty about being prepared and over planning for everything
roll.png

If there is a website with more information, I'd appreciate a link.

Thanks ~ Candice

Judging starts at 8, you don' t have to be a member of anything to show, but you do have to get your entry postmarked by Oct 7th I think. You can join the APA online, and can also join the Missouri Poultry Association there for $10 I think. It is 3.50 per bird to show, and $4 for a 'for sale' cage to rent. They need to know breed, variety (color), gender, and age (cockerel or rooster/pullet or hen) and also want a leg band #. Your birds do have to be NPIP tested, which they can do at the show if you haven't had it done already. Sick birds or birds with major lice will not be allowed. A double show is a long day, and during each show you can't take your birds out of the cage or leave early or you'll be disqualified. Not sure about camping, though. You can win points for APA/ABA I think if you are a member and it is a 'meet' (whatever that means).

I might not have any pairs left to sell, as I sold my extra milles today, and a trio of porcelains tonight . Paula talked me into parting with 2 pullets so Fluffy won't be lonely, and gave me the impression she might spoil 'Fluffy' my little porcelain d'uccle rooster who kept getting beat up by his bigger flockmates. A cat tried to get him while he was in his cage outside today at dusk, so I had this foreboding feeling that Fluffy needed a new home in order to be safe.

I have a 2 month old Chocolate Muscovy Duck I'm looking for a home for. I'm in St. Louis in south county. I don't know the sex. It has beeb raised in the house the whole time and is very sweet. He was hatched by his mother duck and I got him when he was 4 days old so he has not imprinted on me. I can't keep him and am in a bind. If anyone wants him or can help I would greatly appreciate it.
idunno.gif

I haven't checked in for quite sometime now. We have been busy! We bought a new house and have been in the process of an entire renovation! We bought the house junk and all and a really good deal but the work of getting rid of all the crap has kept us busy. We are almost ready to start demolition on the kitchen and bath. New windows will be installed in 3 weeks.

We sold most of our chickens and I have been struggling with wether I should sell the rest or not. I have kept 1 mille fleur cochin and 1 mottled cochin that I hatched this year. I still have my 3 mottled girls and their man Tex and we have kept 7 large egg layers.

I just can't decide if I should go ahead and sell everything and start over in the spring after I get my coops built. It is going to be so hard getting coops built and getting everyone moved. I worked so hard hatching eggs that I bought from different BYCer's to only end up with 1 mille fluer that survived.

We probably won't get moved until November. We don't want to move in until everything is done.

I guess I still have another month to decide if I want to keep what I have or start over........
idunno.gif

Sometimes starting over is the best thing. You get a chance to look at differant breeds, and use the feed money you would have spent on birds to build some real nice coops.

I think you are right. It is just hard to sell them all.

I will probably end up taking them to the next Keytesville sale. I sold a lot of them there last month when I knew I had to scale back before we moved.

davony's chicks :

I haven't checked in for quite sometime now. We have been busy! We bought a new house and have been in the process of an entire renovation! We bought the house junk and all and a really good deal but the work of getting rid of all the crap has kept us busy. We are almost ready to start demolition on the kitchen and bath. New windows will be installed in 3 weeks.

We sold most of our chickens and I have been struggling with wether I should sell the rest or not. I have kept 1 mille fleur cochin and 1 mottled cochin that I hatched this year. I still have my 3 mottled girls and their man Tex and we have kept 7 large egg layers.

I just can't decide if I should go ahead and sell everything and start over in the spring after I get my coops built. It is going to be so hard getting coops built and getting everyone moved. I worked so hard hatching eggs that I bought from different BYCer's to only end up with 1 mille fluer that survived.

We probably won't get moved until November. We don't want to move in until everything is done.

I guess I still have another month to decide if I want to keep what I have or start over........
idunno.gif

We're going through the same thing here. Luckily I have a sister in law who will chicken sit for me. But my ducks are a different story. Not sure what to do there.
Anyway, I know what you're going through with the remodel and everything!!!

It will be awesome though when it's done.​

Trio of bantam Easter eggers, 4 months old, POL. Came from nice large( for bantam) lite green eggs. $40 for all 3. PM with questions, thanks.
Available near SFD/JOPLIN MO . Also will be traveling to Warsaw MO on this Sunday, could bring.
71354_bantam_ees.jpg

ALSO available SErama chicks at $15-$25 depending on age, sex, quality, feathering and coloring.
Pm for pictures. THANK YOU.

Last edited:
davony's chicks :

I think you are right. It is just hard to sell them all.

I will probably end up taking them to the next Keytesville sale. I sold a lot of them there last month when I knew I had to scale back before we moved.

What kind of prices were bantams bringing up there?​

Back
Top Bottom