calling any one from missouri

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and the world of chickens. Hoping to learn a lot from the forums. I live in Lebanon, Missouri. Currently we have chicks in a brooder and trying to figure out if we can build a coop or if we just need to buy one. Leaning towards building, but not sure if we have the skills, lol! I look forward to chatting with others from Missouri.

Andrea

Hello, Andrea!
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

You have found a great place to learn, and a wonderful bunch of people here.
thumbsup.gif

There are tons of DIY coop designs on here that you can look through, or you can tackle it yourselves. All they really need is a place to stay dry & out of the wind, roost, and lay eggs.
Nothing fancy needed, and you don't need to spend a fortune. Here's a great place to start:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and the world of chickens. Hoping to learn a lot from the forums. I live in Lebanon, Missouri. Currently we have chicks in a brooder and trying to figure out if we can build a coop or if we just need to buy one. Leaning towards building, but not sure if we have the skills, lol! I look forward to chatting with others from Missouri.

Andrea

Welcome Aboard!!!

Has anyone purchased anything from Portable Livestock Shelters based in Seymour?

I haven't, but then, they're too pricey for my blood. I'm a cheapskate.
lau.gif

I did look at their site back when we were getting ideas for our first coop. They have nice designs, but way out of our budget.
We ended up getting a storage building from an auction and adapting it. What would have cost us upwards of a thousand bucks ended up costing us about $150, including paint and other supplies.

Sorry, I know that's not much help.
idunno.gif

(edited to fix typos, lol)

Last edited:
We haven't been lucky enough to find a storage building at auction or anywhere else cheap. I'm still looking for something that we could easily adapt into a coop.

Since we live in a neighborhood, our coop and run needs to look "pretty" so we don't have any problems with neighbors. I'm doubting our ability to make a "pretty" coop and run from scratch considering our limited carpentry skills, lol.

Hello Fellow Missourians!
Just joined up today so I am no longer a BYC "Lurker" hehe.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the Forums and maybe at some local swaps.
We went to Jacobs Cave last weekend and had a good time. We'll probably go to keytesville this weekend.
I am in the Mid Missouri area, for those nearby.
Enjoy the Beautiful weather today 60+ whoo whoo.

We went to Jacobs Cave last weekend and had a good time. We'll probably go to keytesville this weekend.

welcome-byc.gif

Hello, PsychoChickens!
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Jacob's Cave is a great event - we went last fall for the 1st time. Didn't make it last weekend, darn it.
hmm.png

You'll find a bunch of great folks on here.
thumbsup.gif

There's also a few facebook pages you might like. BYC's own page: http://www.facebook.com/raisingbackyardchickens

Also, there's a Missouri-specific "Chicken swap" group, you might be interested in, too: http://www.facebook.com/groups/225021300913860/ It's not BYC, but you might find folks near you.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom