calling any one from missouri

Hi,

I just stumbled across this thread.I live in St. Louis. I am new to the chicken thing but the kids LOVE them. Maybe a little too much.

We are right smack dab in the middle of suburbia. However, our yard backs to a pasture and we get to feed the neighbors horse. I am thinking that the horse won't complain about the chicken...
Hi Julie. I'm in North County with lots of space between neighbors on my side of the road. Across the street is like a regular subdivision. I've had roosters for years and only a couple neighbors knew I had chickens. They weren't even my closest neighbors. Yesterday I spoke to the lady who's house is only about 150 ft. from two of my coops (and gave her a dozen eggs). She said she can't hear the roosters in her house. The traffic on my road is louder than the birds.

Sweet!! Hopefully next saturday is nice, taking my son on his very first turkey hunt with a gun! I need the weather to cooperate so we can hear some gobblers. That ought to get him excited.
fl.gif

Currently living in SW Mo. In Newton County. New to raising chickens and have a flock of 29 that we raised from week old chicks, they are about 8 weeks now! 13 of those are male so will have to cull them before they do damage to each other hehe. Just put the chicks into the coop a few days ago. Still working on it, but it is servicable at least. See pictures of it here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/596294/post-your-chicken-coop-pictures-here/470 look for the shed one at the bottom of the page. Have not finished reading this forum thread yet, but I see several from SW Mo. I lived outside of Mo. for 20+ years and missed it every day! Now I have been back for almost 2 years and don't plan to ever leave again except for maybe short trips!

Currently living in SW Mo. In Newton County. New to raising chickens and have a flock of 29 that we raised from week old chicks, they are about 8 weeks now! 13 of those are male so will have to cull them before they do damage to each other hehe. Just put the chicks into the coop a few days ago. Still working on it, but it is servicable at least. See pictures of it here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/596294/post-your-chicken-coop-pictures-here/470 look for the shed one at the bottom of the page. Have not finished reading this forum thread yet, but I see several from SW Mo. I lived outside of Mo. for 20+ years and missed it every day! Now I have been back for almost 2 years and don't plan to ever leave again except for maybe short trips!
welcome to BYC and welcome back to MO
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom