calling any one from missouri

I've heard if you carry him around as you're doing the chores he learns you are head roo and will stop. It's worth a try if you can catch him.
Nah, if that agressive towards people don't want to foster that temprement in your flock.
Rude roo stew! Rude roo stew!
Roos are too plentiful to mess with a mess - want to rotate forward down the line to go forward anyway.

She's a black sexlink, but where her sisters only have brown-tipped feathers down their neck and sometimes on their shoulders, she's solid brown down her neck and has brown-tipped feathers just about everywhere on her body. I'm really excited to see what she looks like when she grows up.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC glad to have you on the MO thread !!!!!!

yes welcome to backyard chickens. I don't know what it is but the site is very addicting. Well maybe I do know what it is. Is the chickens of course we all have them and all want more of them. Either which way welcome.on a completely separate note I have to broodies sitting on the same clutch of eggs, there are at least 16 eggs I believe about 20 in the bunch. I candled them yesterday all have blood vessels except for two duck eggs. I can't wait for the little babies to hatch I know there are going to be some pure blooded non hatchery stock golden Phoenix chickens in this bunch can't wait..

I moved my broody to some private quarters yesterday
Was here:

Now is here:

I took a dishpan nest box out of the slot, reached under and pulled the eggs out from under her first, then moved her to the box. She's got her own food, water and a little scratch/stretch room and no one can get in her nest now. Unfortunately, when pulling eggs out, I dropped one on the wooden perch and broke it.
hit.gif

I brought it in the house to do an egg-topsy.

He was still alive so I hope everyone else is doing just as well since I don't see anything inside the shell (just an air cell and the rest is dark).

CG

Hope everyone in MO is hanging in there...Tornado Watch all afternoon

Last edited:
I moved my broody to some private quarters yesterday
Was here:

Now is here:

I took a dishpan nest box out of the slot, reached under and pulled the eggs out from under her first, then moved her to the box. She's got her own food, water and a little scratch/stretch room and no one can get in her nest now. Unfortunately, when pulling eggs out, I dropped one on the wooden perch and broke it.
hit.gif

I brought it in the house to do an egg-topsy.

He was still alive so I hope everyone else is doing just as well since I don't see anything inside the shell (just an air cell and the rest is dark).

CG

Hope everyone in MO is hanging in there...Tornado Watch all afternoon

I have those same aprons on my hens!!!! Hearing thunder here ALL day! I am about tired of it, rain and get over already!!! LOL
Your broody looks like shes in the chicken motel!

SOMEBODY stop the rain PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe this like almost a week long. Come on wheres the compasion. Mother Nature gonna drowned everything.

Meaties are in a mud pit now. Even though I put slatted flooring down for them in the A frame. Hoping guinea nest is high enough in the brush they don't float. Can't do much anywhere cuz its too wet. Hoping all that going to JC are having better weather than here.

On a good note Having great hatching and some new feather feet. Even a black I would of never suspected snuck an egg in there somehow. Stopped collecting Guinea eggs last nite. Hens been using somewhere else to nest. figured I'd better. If they each lay even a small clutch I'll be over 200 eggs real soon. Between mine and broody girls. Have 80 cooking and 16 more to add tomorrow.
47 ish in broody nest and thats the ones I know about
th.gif

Another good note i have got connected with some slat flooring. All plastice and locks in place. Free cuz thats all I can afford after feeding chickens LOL. Recycleing has its perks. Thinking I am going to save ALOT of $$$ converting barn since I will only need solid walls near doorways. Theres 2 sizes 1-1/2 ftx2 and 2 x 2. Easy to make section sizes I want. And easier to clean thanalot of thinks. Pop em up scrap with skidsteer replace done.

Anyway talk to everyone later. I got <2 sleep last nite nappy time

Nope Acre. It's been raining here off and on since yesterday. We had about 1 1/2 days maybe 2... Of no rain. So a little reprieve but not much. Hope you don't float away!!

Back
Top Bottom