calling any one from missouri

It was great to meet you today Jacquie! The fuzzies are trying to get settled in to their new brooder, and I can't wait for Dan to get home! He'll be so surprised! Will be sure to post pics of all of them as they grow up, and especially once they join all the others!

She is a silver laced polish
Beautiful!!
thumbsup.gif

Dan LOVES them! Thank you so much, I think they will be beautiful when they grow up. Will post pics as they get bigger. The other chicks in our flock have been getting outdoor time to acclimate and are doing great. The Favs are a bit darker than I wanted, but we can look for better examples later I guess.

It was great to meet you today Jacquie! The fuzzies are trying to get settled in to their new brooder, and I can't wait for Dan to get home! He'll be so surprised! Will be sure to post pics of all of them as they grow up, and especially once they join all the others!

It was great to meet you too!!! Did you notice I suddenly had the urge to go??? I got home and was getting out of the jeep just as a coyote grabbed my RIR roo!!!!! He ran off with him as he was screaming!!!!!! Most horrible thing I have ever witnessed! If there hadent been a wreck at Washington exit I would have been home on time!!!!!
hit.gif

He was such a good boy and so so good to his girls!

Hope you enjoy the babies!! You bet I want to see pics!!!

It was great to meet you too!!! Did you notice I suddenly had the urge to go??? I got home and was getting out of the jeep just as a coyote grabbed my RIR roo!!!!! He ran off with him as he was screaming!!!!!! Most horrible thing I have ever witnessed! If there hadent been a wreck at Washington exit I would have been home on time!!!!!  :hit

He was such a good boy and so so good to his girls!

Hope you enjoy the babies!! You bet I want to see pics!!!

Oh my gosh!!!!!! That is so awful, I'm so sorry! *hugs*

I posted this on the main thread and then thought perhaps since you guys understand missouri weather you can tell me how you handle this type of day.

We have a new flock, I feed and water my flock outside of the coop. The coop is raised and so the food and water is under there so the girls and boys can eat and drink in shade and out of the rain. Last heavy rain my daughter and I had to place the chickens in the coop, they hung out under it and would have gotten very wet after a while. This morning a light rain started. I am not sure I should open the door to let them out to feed, or if I should keep it closed and put food and water inside the coop. I don't want them getting wet and sick because they are too silly to take one or two steps in the rain to enter the coop.
how do other people handle this.

Back
Top Bottom