calling any one from missouri

Mine too

B.Y.C.S.T.L picnic at Lone Elk Park from noon to 5 PM. We are meeting to share favorite chicken and/or egg recipes and of course talk about chickens! If you are in the area, stop on by! We will be at the White Tail Deer shelter.

Whine.....it's over three hours from where we are to STL. We are actually closer to KC, but I'll be there is spirit!
Well, you'll probably be the warmest one "there"!!

Where ever that is I wish I could come, and then go home of course in time for the Pack to play:)
It's off of Hwy 44 in a little town called Valley Park. Near Fenton, Missouri. The park is really cool. You drive through and look for deer, Elk, & Bison. This time of year you can see a lot of them! and across the road is the World Bird Sanctuary.

I'll be there. Of course I will since I'm one of the organizers of St. Louis chickens and I RSVPed

This is my contribution.
6 month old Black Penedesenca cockerel roasted with organic fennel, carrots, parsnips, shallots, Yukon gold potatoes, leek, garlic, fresh rosemary and purple basil, kosher and sea salt, cracked black pepper.
The picnic is at noon. I started cooking at 6 AM with the bird breast up at 450F for 25 minutes to brown it. Then put the veggies in with the breast down in broth at 230F for the rest of the morning.

I planned to bake a couple pumpkin pies from real pie pumpkins but I forgot I don't have enough eggs. I'm trying to fill orders for hatching eggs.

The Black Penedesenca is famous in Spain for its flavor. They have their own festival Fira del Gall (fair of the rooster) in the Penedesenca region of the Catalonian state.
It's a big foodie event with all types of poultry and wine. Catalonia is the oldest wine region of Europe. The star of the show though is the Black Pene rooster. Area restaurants compete with their own unique preparations of the bird. The festival is the last weekend before Christmas and there are always 1000 of these roosters that people select from pens and have them processed on the spot. The birds are $50 and that's what many use for their Christmas dinner.

http://www.firadelgall.com/
http://www.festacatalunya.cat/articles-mostra-1350-cat-fira_del_gall_de_vilafranca_del_penedys.htm

Back
Top Bottom