calling any one from missouri

I'm about 15 miles from the path of totality. I was planning on driving farther into the path but worried about traffic. I'm waiting for the weatherman to show where the cloud cover is least.

Yes, we're doing the same, but we're 2 1/2 hours away. We're looking at driving up highway13 and avoiding interstate. It's clear here.

It's cloudy here in KC. I can check in now and then and keep you posted. I'm trapped in a building but there are windows facing north over the river. Be safe if you are driving north.

Last edited:
The total eclipse was pretty cool. We took turns looking out the south windows sharing glasses. I saw it when just a sliver before the total but the city turned really dark. Looking north across the river all the street lights came on and you could see like hint of a dawn off to the eastern horizon.

Hope you all had a chance to see it. We had a short break in the cloud cover. The timing was perfect. the clouds lessened about 12:30 and were back by 1:30

We are in the path, but just about the time the eclipse began the clouds blew in. We got a peek here and there. At least we got almost total darkness, but it was over in a moments time.

We drove 2+ hours to Higgensville in spite of a dismal forecast. It was raining. A few hopeful people gathered in the park. A local retired science teacher had set up telescopes, and created a "solar system walk" around their half mile trail. Suddenly, the sun broke thru the clouds and we all put on our eclipse glasses and there was already a big bite out of the sun. By totality, the park was full of people from all over, all marvelling at the phenomenon and also on the miracle of the weather clearing just in time...
People said I 70 was packed. We drove hwy 13 and it was fine.

It looked like an early dawn from our north facing 7th floor view but we could only see it to the east with the downtown airport and Missouri river bridges lights on in KC. Dang pelting rain again. saying could be 70 mph winds heading toward us. Tired of this rain.

Back
Top Bottom