calling any one from missouri

We had a tornado warning in Christian county. I guess we got lucky and just got some good rain and wind no damage. just south of us in taney county got some storm damage. I don't mind having the rain for the garden but the cold weather following doesn't help. I haven't put anything out yet because the temps keep dipping down and I fought it all last year and decided it was to much work so I am holding off for now.

anyone here in mo have any recommendations on collecting quail eggs for incubation? Ive got a trio of coturnix quail that I got from a swap meet a week ago and they just started laying again they are about 6 months old. Ive read that you've have to keep them at 55 to 65 degrees in order to keep them viable but o don't have anything to control the temp to store them. ive heard to collect for no more than 7 days also. I got 1 egg yesterday but I'm afraid that the temp drop is going to hold them up again for a few days so I'm trying to get my ducks in a row (lol) before I get good production out of them. I'm wanting to get some eggs in the bator asap to get some more breeding sets.

This is my extra Spitzhauben cockerel...if any of you from BYC would like him, you can have him. (hatched 2-4) I am willing to drive to meet you in Lamar, Pittsburg, Joplin, Nevada, or?
View attachment 1336866

He is so pretty!! Have an EE roo that is going to a friend in the country as in the city I am not supposed to keep him. He is also so pretty. He keeps postponing the adoption. Well he is getting him shortly as the house next door will be for sale soon, my 90 yo friend died this week so the house will be sold. Roo's are not within codes.

I was looking on craigslist Joplin to see if anyone was looking to buy chickens. No, but I happed upon these pics of LGD pups for sale:
barrel of pups.png 1 parent.png
It's not the time for us to get a dog....but I'm tempted. They're in Lockwood. Is that any of you?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom