calling any one from missouri

I'm trying to figure out a solution for the snake problem but nothing is really panning out. I am still not very excited about my rattlesnake situation but i keep reminding myself it could have been way bigger. a couple years ago i was in colorado and a nearly 7ft western diamondback slithered right in front of me and the girls i was with. i swear it was as thick as my arm. i hate snakes, I will never forget that one.

No storms here on Thurs. night but we did get one this am. The sirens went off briefly I think due to the high winds and I think the main part went north of the MO River. I'm just south of it. Not sure how much rain yet.

We took our extra cockerel to the Joplin poultry swap this morning. Weather was predicted to be clear. But after an hour, the sky clouded up and looked quite ominous. I was about to load him back into car when someone came along and bought him....I didn't ask what they were going to do with him.
I felt bad to do this to him, but having 2 roos was creating a bit of chaos. Chicken math, as they remind us, includes subtraction....
Fritz last day (3 of 1).jpg
Not sure if Joplin actually got more than a little rain. We headed back north right after that, and it's still dry here.

AWW, hope he went to a good home. Chickens are livestock so you rarely know. We had a pretty strong storm roll through before dawn yesterday with the cool front. No damage here but I guess some around the metro, was outside most of the day so didn't watch the news. The chickens were outside a good bit. The dogs later digging after a mole have created new fresh dirt for them to hunt worms and bugs I'm certain they will be very interested in that today. They do love those worms and actually squabble over them.

Mine don't know what to do with a worm and they just watch one crawl away... now show up with diced up banana and your going to see a show.

JT

They discovered them when I was turning over my raised beds with their "help". Oh my goodness now if one of them finds one they squabble over it. It's so funny.

Back
Top Bottom