calling any one from missouri

I have silkie/sizzle hatching eggs for sale starting next week 15.00 dozen pick up only Hillsboro, Mo area. Also will have silkie and sizzle chicks in about a week. thanks

This thread used to be a pretty active thread but it seemed back then they all knew each other.

Let's talk about our chickens and if we show them, breed them or just have them for fun.

I am a bantam cochin fan myself. I breed show quality bantam cochins in Buff Columbian, Columbian and Mottled.
I don't show but I do strive to breed to the standard of perfection.

I also raise my own meat birds.

Maybe everybody is busy with chicks right now?
I know there is a couple MO groups on FB - but I stay off FB & MS.

With muscovies I was kind of waiting for them to start laying before trying to hatch out new chicks. They are such good moms. Then I'll have more duck eggs to eat......otherwise be up to my comb in ducks!

I have chickens but no water fowl. I have 10 full-sized layers and my sons have 8 bantams.
Haven't shown them but wondering about trying it with the d'uccles we have (2 boys, 5 girls - the other bantam is a Old English Game)

Also have thought about hatching eggs, both from the EEs and the d'uccles but I have to wait for a broody or a great deal on an icubator. The incubator might be a bad idea because I read about so many people who get addicted. I'd probably be one of them and then I would have to find buyers (my coop is pretty much at capacity now and hubby is NOT going to spend more money or time on more coop building.

CG

I have chickens but no water fowl. I have 10 full-sized layers and my sons have 8 bantams.
Haven't shown them but wondering about trying it with the d'uccles we have (2 boys, 5 girls - the other bantam is a Old English Game)

Also have thought about hatching eggs, both from the EEs and the d'uccles but I have to wait for a broody or a great deal on an icubator. The incubator might be a bad idea because I read about so many people who get addicted. I'd probably be one of them and then I would have to find buyers (my coop is pretty much at capacity now and hubby is NOT going to spend more money or time on more coop building.

CG
I am just right across the bridge from you just outside of Holts Summit :)

I am just right across the bridge from you just outside of Holts Summit :)

You two live in my old stomping grounds! I was born and raised in Jeff City and most of my family is still there.

I used to have Ducks and Geese. I lost all of them a few years back to several late night coon attacks! I sure miss them!

Hello everyone ~
I'll take a turn to help the thread.... when the "big" changed happened to the site I stayed off for awhile .. been coming back more now,enjoy checking in ..... I'm a member "lurker" lol.... Dh and I will be getting our new little hatchery chicks in about 2 weeks ..... 75
th.gif
and I showed some restraint LOL .I have another wish list started lol... Dh really likes wellies,so we did hatch some eggs from a member in Ark..We are trying to improve our birds... We had a couple of Wellies in the past,and they were bigger than the ones we have now..so we went to a breeder in hopes of getting them bigger... We have 12 of those in the brooder right now...
big_smile.png
It was my first hatch and the bug has bitten me (down right took out a plug lol) Dh had hatched some as a kid,but not me ..... just always had chicks or older birds.... It was a lot of FUN !!!

Not looking forward to building another coop,this chicken math is ruff .....................

this a pic when they were 3 or 4 days old........ they are a little over 3 weeks old now and not as cute,but still fun to watch...

(this is the first pic I have posted since the change of the site, I hope I did it right) LOL

You two live in my old stomping grounds! I was born and raised in Jeff City and most of my family is still there.

I used to have Ducks and Geese. I lost all of them a few years back to several late night coon attacks! I sure miss them!
What part of Mo are you in now? Predators have been the pits, I now have 2 dogs that help alot. My coop is predator proof but I free range during the day, just recently I went out about 11 am to spend time with the girls and had a huge fat oposum waddle in and had me trapped in a corner between the garage and the coop, I always have a firearm on me as I have had a few bad run ins with dumped/stray dogs. The coons are like rats here, they are just everywhere!

Hello everyone ~
I'll take a turn to help the thread.... when the "big" changed happened to the site I stayed off for awhile .. been coming back more now,enjoy checking in ..... I'm a member "lurker" lol.... Dh and I will be getting our new little hatchery chicks in about 2 weeks ..... 75
th.gif
and I showed some restraint LOL .I have another wish list started lol... Dh really likes wellies,so we did hatch some eggs from a member in Ark..We are trying to improve our birds... We had a couple of Wellies in the past,and they were bigger than the ones we have now..so we went to a breeder in hopes of getting them bigger... We have 12 of those in the brooder right now...
big_smile.png
It was my first hatch and the bug has bitten me (down right took out a plug lol) Dh had hatched some as a kid,but not me ..... just always had chicks or older birds.... It was a lot of FUN !!!

Not looking forward to building another coop,this chicken math is ruff .....................

this a pic when they were 3 or 4 days old........ they are a little over 3 weeks old now and not as cute,but still fun to watch...

(this is the first pic I have posted since the change of the site, I hope I did it right) LOL
Very nice looking chicks!!! I stayed away after the change as well and just came back. That is A LOT of chicks, I pick up me new flock Feb 21 and have 18 ordered, all EE"s this time, I love those birds!

Back
Top Bottom