calling any one from missouri

Its one of my lone 3 eggs....I really didnt think any would get this far. It is going to be a long day. Didnt get to bed till almost 1 am, found the pip a little after 5am, couldnt go back to sleep. My 3 yr old grandson will be here at 7am uggggggh

Plans changed and I can't go home to see them just yet, but dad took a few pictures for me!

So does chicken math completely ignore the "multiply by zero" rule?
tongue.png

I was referring to the fact that I didn't have chickens but really missed being around them, and then suddenly we have chickens! The only problem is that we wanted to get guineas... I wonder if anyone would be willing to trade a few? Even if we gave some away to family members, that's still a lot of mouths to feed and those hens will lay a bunch of eggs we won't be able to eat.

Selling eggs is a good idea since there's a farmer's market in town pretty often, so we might ask someone how to get in on that. And I personally would rather swap so Jacob's Cave is something to think about. Which radio show are you talking about?

Still no chick, just the one pip. There was no temp problem so there shouldnt be late hatchers. Not sure whats going on. Guess I will set my alarm for 5am and see if it makes it out alive.

Well I ended up assisting. I have only 1 chick, the other 2 died pipping. The air cells were so bad they couldnt pip the shell and died. They were beautiful dark Polish too. The one who made it out I dont think will be here long. It is very weak. Still wont stand, just lays there and peeps. It is very wet and very tired. I have the brooder ready in case it makes it through the night. After these eggs, I am never hatching shipped eggs again.

Back
Top Bottom