calling any one from missouri

frow.gif

Another Missouri "newbie" stopping in to say "hey". I live southeast of Springfield.

Welcome !!!! So happy to have you join this forum.

2nd dry hatch complete. These were all shipped eggs.

Crele Polish - 6 set, 2 to lockdown, 0 hatched
Mille Fleur Leghorn - 8 set, 1 to lockdown, 1 hatched
D'Uckles - 8 set, 7 to lockdown, 6 hatched

2nd dry hatch complete.  These were all shipped eggs.

Crele Polish - 6 set, 2 to lockdown, 0 hatched
Mille Fleur Leghorn - 8 set, 1 to lockdown, 1 hatched
D'Uckles - 8 set, 7 to lockdown, 6 hatched

Hi Candy!! Not such good reaults on those Polish... :(

Remember the 2 eggs your BBS Am (that's what they were right??) laid at JC? 1 was fertile and is in lockdown so... Hoping!! Today is day 21 so I'll let you know!

Hi Candy!! Not such good reaults on those Polish...
sad.png

Remember the 2 eggs your BBS Am (that's what they were right??) laid at JC? 1 was fertile and is in lockdown so... Hoping!! Today is day 21 so I'll let you know!

Cool! But remember that chick will most likely be an EE. The Ameraucanas were in the layer coop. Possible roosters are splash am, lav am, BLWR, or white Leghorn.

Yeah, sitting here watching the bator myself as this is hatchday too .
jumpy.gif

Just a Jr. Bator with aspirations of becoming a Master!

Jackie set Sunday and she started hatching yesterday - says hers always hatch in 20 and temp set at 99-100 also.
Candy, at least you got a good hatch on the D'ucles!
(cup half full type here).

We want chickies! We want chickies! C'mon OUT!
pop.gif

Yeah, sitting here watching the bator myself as this is hatchday too .
jumpy.gif

Just a Jr. Bator with aspirations of becoming a Master!

Jackie set Sunday and she started hatching yesterday - says hers always hatch in 20 and temp set at 99-100 also.
Candy, at least you got a good hatch on the D'ucles!
(cup half full type here).

We want chickies! We want chickies! C'mon OUT!
pop.gif

Cool!  But remember that chick will most likely be an EE.  The Ameraucanas were in the layer coop.  Possible roosters are splash am, lav am, BLWR, or white Leghorn.

Good to know. I'll be anxious to see what I get!! A lav am would be cool... ;)
But whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it will be cute!

Well, I'm completely new to chickens, have always wanted them but never got around to it (Read: Hubby didn't want to build me the coop or run lol!) until now. I think he was trying to cheer me up when our oldest son headed off to basic training ;-) Still miss my boy, but I've got something to keep my mind off him now :D

We got 15 chicks about 2 and a half weeks ago from a farm store (Orchelins in Ozark...(someone mentioned they were near Ozark :D I go there quite often). Pretty sure we got RIR, Barred Rock, Polish Crested, NH Red and Red Sex Link chicks. I am having a hard time deciding which is which on the chicks who are still yellowish/red, but they'll grow and I'll figure it out (I hope lol).

I saw someone is from Mansfield! I live west of Ava, in Dogwood.

Glad to be here!

Last edited:
Well, I'm completely new to chickens, have always wanted them but never got around to it (Read: Hubby didn't want to build me the coop or run lol!) until now. I think he was trying to cheer me up when our oldest son headed off to basic training ;-) Still miss my boy, but I've got something to keep my mind off him now :D

We got 15 chicks about 2 and a half weeks ago from a farm store (Orchelins in Ozark...(someone mentioned they were near Ozark :D I go there quite often). Pretty sure we got RIR, Barred Rock, Polish Crested, NH Red and Red Sex Link chicks. I am having a hard time deciding which is which on the chicks who are still yellowish/red, but they'll grow and I'll figure it out (I hope lol).

I saw someone is from Mansfield! I live west of Ava, in Dogwood.

Glad to be here!

We often talk of other things besides chickens so keep us posted on your son, I appreciate his serving. which branch of the military? where is his training?

Back
Top Bottom