calling any one from missouri

http://avianaquamiser.com/posts/Revised_chicken_tractor_wheel_lift/

Wheels are expensive so I want to be able to swap wheeled undercarriage easily from unit to unit.
I don't want to have to be grubbing around crawling on my knees to fit wheel shaft through coop.
Think this can be set under and locked in easily to get-n-go.

I also am setting here looking at babies in coated 1/2 X 1 mesh poultry cages and thinking if they were 4 times the size they could handle a trio or quad and still be moved around easily by hand. Tarp for shade or pulled completely over and even set up on bricks so the birds wouldn't get all wet and muddy when rainy. Pvc frame with an access panel, hanging food and waterer. All the benefits of free range, inexpensive unit, sanitary. Don't need a huge pen for small breeding units - need many small ones, easy to keep sanitary and clean.
I have built and am using the wheel lift mentioned by EdenCamp. The axle is making the hole in the pine board oval. I need to figure out something else or improve the design.
barnie.gif

Anyone near Springfield MO that has several Delaware pullets for sale for a reasonable price? Or eggs. I have eggs in my incubator right now, but in two weeks it'll be empty!

I'm east of Springfield in Rogersville.

Hi,

I just stumbled across this thread.I live in St. Louis. I am new to the chicken thing but the kids LOVE them. Maybe a little too much.

We are right smack dab in the middle of suburbia. However, our yard backs to a pasture and we get to feed the neighbors horse. I am thinking that the horse won't complain about the chicken...

Hi! I'm in St. Louis city with my three hens... wondering where I can get layer feed locally? I've heard about OK Hatchery, but their hours are somewhat limited for me (I work a 9-to-5 job). Have been ordering online, but the shipping is killing me.

Godelescherbach when we lived in the St. Louis area we found a feed store in Fenton that was pretty reasonable. We only bought rabbit feed from them but I know they had chicken feed as well. I know they are open on Saturdays I am not sure what their hours are through the week. It is called Fenton feed I believe.

FYI: MaMa Jean's in springfield has the whole grain ingredients in bulk if you want to make your own organic feed, in case anyone is interested. Looks like that's the way I'm gonna do it for corn and soy free feed for my layers.

Back
Top Bottom