calling any one from missouri

I'm not a member of the facebook page but this one list swaps going on
https://www.facebook.com/groups/302856386483433/.

Here's what's going on July 6th:
three swaps this Saturday. Salem, Licking, and Clearview.

Perhaps one is close enough to you.

Vienna auction on Sunday. Macon is probably too far unless you are desprate.

Next weekend:
  • Next Saturday at noon at Pine Mountain Pine Mountain Ranch. 636-208-1005 Dee
    Donna Turkey Creek in Joplin, mo and one in Aftron ok
    Amy There's one by Branson.
  • Susan MABC AT BUSENBARKS PARK HILLS, MO STARTS 6:30AM HWY 67 AT FAIRGROUNDS EXIT.
    Josh Wards farm center has one tomorrow thee 6th in fredericktown MO
    Josh Next weekend theres one in pilot knob mo at the feed store Saturday

CG

You would be doing good to search the Lebanon area and even cackle hatchery for some more quail. They may not be the quality you are looking for though. There are many swap meets in the summer and I would suggest hitting those up as well. I would say it is time to load up with rocksalt.

So I checked on the site for Cackle Hatchery and they sell your type of quail, if you want I can check the prices but I know you will have to order them from there. It seems like a very good solution to getting more since it isn't all that far of a drive for you.

I don't know what they would cost sold in smaller amounts but I do see a bundle of 50 chicks cor 94 dollars roundabout. Its less than 2 dollars a chick which I think would be a great solution. I cannot believe their egg production is so high either. It lists them as laying around 200-300 eggs yearly and starting to lay at around 7 weeks. I hole this helps. I may buy some at a later time just for fun.

How did everyone's 4th weekend go?

We were busy with family stuff Friday & Saturday. Now back to the chickens!
clap.gif

Seriously need to get serious about build coops. Saw my 1 neighbor has a bunch of pallets... Think I'll see if they are wanting to donate them to my cause!
fl.gif

We checked Cackle and they said they were sold out last Tuesday and they were not expecting anymore for the year. We are going back this Tuesday to pick some chicks up so we will check with them again. Thank you so much for looking for us.

Our 4th was ok we just stayed in and enjoyed having a day off if you can call it a day off after taking care of the all the animals.

We got one of our brooder boxes done and started on cutting the rest of the wood we had up for another one. Guessing we are going to end up with about 8 brooder boxes in total so that when we need to start spacing them out we have enough room to do so. We are also making one for the quail and just keeping them inside for awhile. We set 16 Quail eggs yesterday will an expected hatch day of the 26th of this month. We are down to 8 quail out of the 12 that Hatched so hopefully we will not loose anymore and be able to start getting eggs from them to hatch. Between building brooder boxes, runs and coops it is going to be a busy rest of the year for us. On the up side we sold 45 Silkie bantams today so we are happy about that. We got cameras up in the barn last week so we will see if we catch our neighbors messing with our animals up there. We are also trying to figure out on how to repair the barn and trying to make sure it is a little more difficult for them to get in. Don't know if we can really do that with as determined as they are. I'm a little afraid to put anything else out there which why we are focused on building our big brooder boxes for inside. Oh well guess we are going to have to bite the bullet and do it at some point because I really don't want all the roosters crowing inside the house.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom