calling any one from missouri

I almost lost a guinea this evening! Poor baby got in the goat pen and fell into the stock tank! She's good and soaked but was still afloat and paddling around when I found her. Her roommates aren't real happy about the heat lamp in their house tonight since it's still quite warm, but she was shivering and I want her to have a chance to dry out before the night gets cool. I've never never had a bird fall into the tank before but I was JUST thinking yesterday that maybe I should put a big stick in there just in case... that way if anything falls in, it can climb out. Guess I should've done it. I think instead I'm going to dump out the tank, move it away from the fence and put a piece of plywood over the top. It has a gravity fed waterer in the side of it so the goats don't have to have access to the open top even if they prefer it.

Poor little thing. I think she's going to be alright though. She was hard at preening when I came inside and one of her buddies had hopped off the roost to give her a hand. I'd never seen that before... mutual grooming.

Last edited:
*** hot as it is the others are gonna be ticked off the pool is closed now that one of them found where it is!

You could say as mad as........wet hens!
lau.gif

I said "As" I swear!

Last edited:
Well i just posted in tthe wrong section. oh well ill try again. im tryin to fire up thr ol bator in a wk or ten days. lookin for possibly welsummer,lav orpington , or white orpington?? i live in carthage i could drive a bit to pick some up i will pay not lookin to break the bank. i could possibly get 1/2 doz. ive got a doz. of golden comets. but i like to do at least 36.

I have about 24 RIR laying hens for sale. Around a year old. They are all a very dark red in color. Asking $15 each, but would make a deal for all. A rooster or two available if interested. Rogersville, MO area. Pick up only!
I'm posting these for my mom. If interested PM me and I'll give you her phone number. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom