calling any one from missouri

Anyone have any guesses as to what breed this two month old bird may be? It came with an order of "meat and egg" birds and in the same shipment I had a few other specific breeds including Americaunas. Two of the youngsters look just the way an Ameraucana should... but I wondered if this was also one, just missing the facial fluff? If it's not, I have no idea what it IS.
What hatchery did you get them from?

I am from Troy Missouri. We have one dog four children and this Saturday 6 hens :)
Welcome
welcome-byc.gif

I would suggest north of the river, I live this direction in Excelsior Springs, Kearney is a good city also, we have lots of farms and hobby farms. Liberty is OK if you get out of city limits, too many rules. Excelsior Springs is the cheaper of the three, and Kearney has the better schools. Smithville is ok to, higher prices on land. I was a real estate agent, if you need help I know some good ones.

Brown leghorn?

Well that looks pretty close! This one is dark around her eyes though, and her legs are very very dark. I think you'd call them slate colored? I realize she's a hatchery bird and probably not exactly matching a standard... but I've gotten some pretty nice birds from McMurray in the past. I've never had Leghorns of any variety. I guess if she grows to lay colored eggs, I'll know! But if she's not an Americauna... she a future potpie.

monroe county... monroe city
I'm origionally from Shelby County but now been in Jefferson City area for about 20 years.
welcome-byc.gif

Anyone in the Missouri area have bantam polish? Looking for good quality buff laced, silver laced and gold laced bantam polish. Must be bantams only.
I hope to find blue or black white crested bantam polish - I've only got two pullets. Bought 5 at Jacob's Cave back in June so I'm thinking of trying again in October. The bantams seem to be hard to find around here.

CG

Thank you for all the suggestions! I don't have a move date yet, I'm waiting for an opening in the NICU.
I am bringing two EE, a black sex link, a gold sex link, a blue Americauna and a blue marans. All hens. I have three roosters I'm trying to rehome right now. I will be looking for a breeding pair of BLRW and maybe another roo when I get settled.
I would love a few acres and a barn. We'll see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom