calling any one from missouri

Well that looks pretty close! This one is dark around her eyes though, and her legs are very very dark. I think you'd call them slate colored? I realize she's a hatchery bird and probably not exactly matching a standard... but I've gotten some pretty nice birds from McMurray in the past. I've never had Leghorns of any variety. I guess if she grows to lay colored eggs, I'll know! But if she's not an Americauna... she a future potpie.
I couldnt see your birds legs in the photo and was going by mostly body feathering. The body feathering looks pretty darn close, and Murray carries the brown leghorns

I couldnt see your birds legs in the photo and was going by mostly body feathering. The body feathering looks pretty darn close, and Murray carries the brown leghorns

I only mentioned the legs because I didn't know if it might be a good indicator. But yes... she looks very much like your Brown Leghorns! Oh... and when I say she'll be a potpie if she's not an Americauna, it's not because I wouldn't want a leghorn. It's because the Americaunas are mine and the 'meat & egg' birds belong to my friend. I'm raising them for her since she lives in town and can't have more than four chickens.

In hindsight, we should've asked the hatchery to mark them. I got some Light Brahmas, Buff Orpingtons and the Americaunas, she got the meat and egg special. All total they shipped us 38 chicks. I figured the only ones we'd have to sort out would be the Orpingtons since that's a breed included in the special.

Thank you for all the suggestions! I don't have a move date yet, I'm waiting for an opening in the NICU.
I am bringing two EE, a black sex link, a gold sex link, a blue Americauna and a blue marans. All hens. I have three roosters I'm trying to rehome right now. I will be looking for a breeding pair of BLRW and maybe another roo when I get settled.
I would love a few acres and a barn. We'll see how things go.

Good luck with the move and let us know when you get here and how you like the area!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it! My sister just moved up to Kirksville a few months ago. So I'm excited to be close to her and her little ones. I think I finally convinced my 21 yr old to move with me. Yea! We all can't wait to get out of Vegas and the dessert.
Ricki

Got our first eggs over the last week! Up to seven eggs total so far.....can't wait till all eight of our ladies get to work :)

Well fancy finding you here this time of day Lunge! First time I've been on BYC for quite awhile. Sure is a pretty girl!

frow.gif
A little late saying hi back... but that's ok since I spent most of the day with you, right? LOL!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it! My sister just moved up to Kirksville a few months ago. So I'm excited to be close to her and her little ones. I think I finally convinced my 21 yr old to move with me. Yea! We all can't wait to get out of Vegas and the dessert.
Ricki

Isn't that funny? Most of us fantasize about going TO Vegas... LOL. It's lovely there and fun to visit, but I do like coming home.

By the way, what kind of roos are you rehoming?

Back
Top Bottom