calling any one from missouri

Got our first eggs over the last week! Up to seven eggs total so far.....can't wait till all eight of our ladies get to work
smile.png

woot.gif

I've been to Vegas once... I can't say I didn't enjoy the visit, however I have no desire to ever go again. Well... Not unless it's January. I was there during August. It gave me a real good idea of what hell is like! This is coming from someone who loves summer and the great it brings to Missouri.

I've been to Vegas once... I can't say I didn't enjoy the visit, however I have no desire to ever go again. Well... Not unless it's January. I was there during August. It gave me a real good idea of what hell is like! This is coming from someone who loves summer and the great it brings to Missouri.

Isn't that funny? Most of us fantasize about going TO Vegas... LOL. It's lovely there and fun to visit, but I do like coming home.

By the way, what kind of roos are you rehoming?

I have two Blue laced red Wyndotts and a barred Marans. I wish I could keep them but I don't know when I'm moving and I can't have Roos where I live. I'm really not supposed to have chickens but the houses on either side of me are empty, so...no one to complain or ask questions.

I agree! I have lived here my whole life! The longest I was gone was two years. This time I'm not coming back! I want to grow a garden and have my chickens with room to breath! LOL

I am a little confused. I was told.. at Cackle Hatchery... that easter eggers and ameracauna was the same thing. I bought 15 and one free... so I have 16 .. but now I dont know which I have . I am wanting the variety of colored eggs and read a few pages back that ee lay the variety of colors and Amer.. lay blue. I also bought all pullets, but looks like I may have a roo in the mix. Maybe that was the free one...lol. Sure hope I got the EE's. Is there any way to tell other than waiting for the eggs? I got them July 29 so they are only about 5 weeks old..

More than likely you have EE's. the hatcheries sell any bird that has the potential to eggs other than white or beige as Ameruacanas. But that is not the qualification for an Ameruacana. However just because they say they'll lay a variety of colors don't be surprised if you also get white or beige. If you can post pics we can help with the male/female.

I will take my camera when I go out after while. But I got to thinking after I posted that... I think it is the 15 buff Orpingtons and the free 16 th one that one looks like a rooster. I don't know enough about the EE's to even know what should look like what. I also got two Cochins that I would love to know what they are. The only ones I bought straight run.

I am a little confused. I was told.. at Cackle Hatchery... that easter eggers and ameracauna was the same thing. I bought 15 and one free... so I have 16 .. but now I dont know which I have . I am wanting the variety of colored eggs and read a few pages back that ee lay the variety of colors and Amer.. lay blue. I also bought all pullets, but looks like I may have a roo in the mix. Maybe that was the free one...lol. Sure hope I got the EE's. Is there any way to tell other than waiting for the eggs? I got them July 29 so they are only about 5 weeks old..

If you got them from any hatchery, then they are easter eggers. Ameracaunas lay blue to blue/green eggs. Easter eggers are mixed breed chickens that have Ameraucana blood in them somewhere. The blue egg gene is dominant so most easter eggers will lay blue or blue/green eggs. But since they are mixes, any color egg is possible. You could get white, cream, tan or brown. In my experience most EEs lay blue/green eggs.

Back
Top Bottom