calling any one from missouri

I have guineas and in time you will be able to tell. They have red things on their checks , the males will be much bigger and the helmets and the hens are small and so is the helmets. There a great web sight that will tell you everything you want to know It is a great site. I guess just googled it. I have around 11 now started with 17 but lost some a long the way good luck with yours.

I did do some googling
gig.gif
(sorry, that word still makes me chuckle) and read that the head on the males will also be a bit larger/longer than the females. This morning I heard my pearl talking all by HERself! So, two girls for sure. And I've deduced that the purple is indeed a male. I still haven't heard him talking, but his head is definitely bigger, his waddles are larger and his helmet is just a tad bigger. If I'm correct, I'm excited. I have a perfect, multicolored trio!

Turkey Creek Poultry Swap
Joplin, MO
Saturday 1-4-14

I plan on being there from around 8:00 until 11:00 if I have something that you need.
It runs from 7:00 until around noon.

If you need directions or want to know what I may be bringing e-mail me at [email protected]

Hope everyone's Holliday Season was the best. Here's to a great 2014.

Hi all! I need to re-home some roos...

I have 3 split to chocolate black bantam cochins, 3 birchin bantam cochins, a blue 'pet quality' blue Ameraucana(he has silver leakage that's all that's wrong), and a Splash Ameraucana, The Am's may be split to silkied, but I cannot guarantee.

If interested please pm me. I can deliver around the lake of the ozarks and Jefferson City area.

Hi Everyone
Had some people emailing me about hatching eggs.I will be putting my roos with their hens exclusively in the next few weeks so tbe eggs should be pure breeds by the end of Feb.Ill only hatch chicks with specific orders i think
The breeds eggs I will have are

Lavender Orpington $15 doz
Light Brahma $7.50 doz
Lavender Amercauna $ 7.50 for half doz
Porcelian silkies $10 doz
Porcelain Siikie roo on Paint hen 75.cents an egg.
And mixes of part English Orpington and Buf Orp or Brahma $6 doz
If you want on any of my breed lists email me at [email protected] ..
Shipping for dozen will be extra $12

Last edited:
Hope everyone is ready for tonight! Put plastic on the screen windows and added more shavings (another bale) to the deep litter. New bag of food arrived today! Ready for the 8-12 inches they are calling for, but really hoping 0 isn't going to be the high tomorrow!

I'm almost ready. I'm not closing up any windows but I did add more shavings.
At dusk tonight (Sunday) I'm going to be moving birds to different buildings. I have 8 units and I'm putting all the hens in 2 of them roosters in another and adolescents in the 4th.
I'm hoping the more dense stocking will help the hens and for at least the next 2 nights I'll be putting a little heat on the roosters. They tend to get frostbitten in single digits and below.
I wanted to do all this moving around last night but I have 34 chicks that just hatched so they took a little time.

Last edited:
not a great morning to be a chicken or a chicken owner, frostbite probable on mine, last time that it got this cold the palm trees in far south Texas had frostbite and died.

Yikes ocap! Put vaseline on the BR, CL, Wyandotte yesterday to try and help prevent combs/wattles from getting frostbite. While they aren't happy about being "cooped" up, with the wind and 10"+ we already have here, it's for the best. Good luck to everyone!

Hi Missourians-

I live in Central Missouri between Sedalia, Jeff City and Columbia in the sticks.  We have 80 acres here and lots of chickens (lost count).  I am a total chicken addict.  We hatch eggs, sell chicks, sell table eggs and table meat.

I have 2 children and babysit my niece and nephew.  I have 4 under 4 years old.

Sheila
Awesome! I live in sedalia, Missouri!! I'm new to the site today. I have 6 chickens and 4 guineas. My 4 yr old daughter and I love our flock!

Back
Top Bottom