calling any one from missouri

Ocap: I will be very happy to be your neighbor and I know what you mean about the timing. We are driving back and we were hoping to find a patch of time relatively free of the weather the Midwest is so good at, especially with the winter you all have been having this year.

omas biddies: Thank you for the encouragement. I will keep dreaming and I am closer to my dream than I have been in the past so that is a start at least.

lungewhipqueen: I am going to start off renting in Olathe, but I am wanting to move to the Missouri side; the laws seem more forgiving on that side of the border. I would love a critter buddy! You sure are right about the people without the animal addiction. My husband is happy that I have something that excites me but I was showing him some pictures of chickens and not more than politely interested.

Missouri is home. Plus we moved down here to be near his parents, but Florida has the 3rd highest unemployment in the nation, according to the local political ads so grain of salt. I do miss the cold. I was never a winter person but we are pretty far south and there just is no real change in temperature ever. Today it was 83 degrees and in the middle of summer it is 95. So it is a combination of a lot of things. There is a job waiting for me in KC and my family and seasons. I think you are right about that. I have heard that homegrown eggs are lower in cholesterol than factory ones so maybe that is a good hook. He is willing but not excited if you catch my drift. I think the main trouble is I didn't grow up on a farm, but I did grow up in a rural area and he is city all the way. I think he thinks it is an either or type of situation. Either we live near the city or we have chickens and livestock and it takes us an hour to get to the nearest grocery store, but when I lived in KC I commuted past a farm with goats and horses so someone is doing it lol.

Hi wish
Once you get settled in things will fall on place.you will have your family and spring
You missed a bad spring.
Mybe down the road you will have your chickens it is cheaper to live in the country
Good night. Pat

Ocap: I will be very happy to be your neighbor and I know what you mean about the timing. We are driving back and we were hoping to find a patch of time relatively free of the weather the Midwest is so good at, especially with the winter you all have been having this year.

omas biddies: Thank you for the encouragement. I will keep dreaming and I am closer to my dream than I have been in the past so that is a start at least.

lungewhipqueen: I am going to start off renting in Olathe, but I am wanting to move to the Missouri side; the laws seem more forgiving on that side of the border. I would love a critter buddy! You sure are right about the people without the animal addiction. My husband is happy that I have something that excites me but I was showing him some pictures of chickens and not more than politely interested.
Good Morning Kelly and Husband,
We just moved back last spring (from North Carolina). Forgot how hard winter can be with livestock. I need to spend the summer thinking about keeping water warmer than 32F and blowing snow out of the feeders. So far for us just one dog and lots of chickens. Fence is not good enough for goats, cows or sheep. I keep too many cockerels for tick control, if a predator gets one that is bad but not extremely terrible. So far short grass (mowing) helps more with ticks than chickens. I also ordered silkies from Cackle Hatchery last year and now have three trios, these are in addition to the large dual purpose breeds that I am trying to keep alive.
John

HI KELLY, WANTED TO SAY WELCOME ALSO I LIVE DOWN BY TRUMAN LAKE WHICH IS BY WARSAW MO , THIS THREAD HELP ME SO MUCH LAST YEAR WITH MY NEW FLOCK OF GUNIEANS. NOW I HAVE 2 TURKEYS ONE HEN AND A ROO SOME COCHIN HENS AND THREE ROOSTER, ALSO A BLACK ROOSTER AND A REDDIHES HEN NOT SURE OF THE BREED, WE ALSO HAVE COWS, ANY WELCOME HOPE YOU GET HERE SOON AND GOOD LUCK PEANUT (SUE)

I just wanted to say hi . I have ben stuck 5 minutes over the border in arkansas for the last couple years but i just built me a tiny house in Powell Missouri, right down the road from were i was raised. I cant wait to be back in Missouri I own 15 acres in the woods, and its thick with ticks , cant wait to get some guineas! I was out there today and my fiancee got within 12 feet of an owl she got some great pictures. He just hung out with us for 30 minutes. Woodpeckers have already pecked two holes in my house so i appreciate that owls keep them away but it make me worry about and keets or chicks well even full grown birds he was massive.

This is about the fight of a 5yr old girl to keep her beloved silkie roo Dallas in a tiny farm/agriculteral UN-incorperated town in Dufur, OR.

OK ALL YOU MISSOURI PEEPS...PLEASE READ THIS AND SIGN THE PETITION .
I AM THE SELF APPOINTED CHEERLEADER FOR THIS CAUSE!.

AFTER YOU READ AND SIGN PLEASE SEND IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

EVEN BETTER; SEND AN EMAIL TO DUFUR CITY COUNCIL!

.LETS LET THIS TINY TOWN OF DUFUR, OR. KNOW THAT AMERICA IS WATCHING THEM!

Thank you kindly......

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/974/870/400/saving-dallas-the-rooster/

https://www.facebook.com/savingdallastherooster

Back
Top Bottom