calling any one from missouri

We've got buff orpingtons, aurcanas, California whites, a mixed rooster and three 2 week old barred Plymouth Rock chicks. Our 12 hens, got them in March, average 8 eggs a day. Hopefully when next spring rolls around we can average a dozen or more per day.

Hello, Daxigait! Are those lavender orps I see?
Hi, yes those are lavender Orpingtons. I admitt paying twice what a buff would cost because l like the color*blush*. Oh well, they are shy but beautiful. They finally left the coop for a short time yesterday after almost a week. They join my buff/EE, RIR, and Barred rocks.

Yes, the npip people near Goodman are where I got my two. 12 weeks $17.50. I don't know what other types they have since I did not ask and you can't go to their place.

I'm stumped. Why would two chicks be like three times the size of the third? Only thing I can think of is the bigger two are roosters or turkeys? All three have the same coloration sonim guessing roosters?

The third one might not be growing as well. I've had that several times, usually with my barred rocks. I would keep an eye on he/she/it, just to be safe

I'm stumped. Why would two chicks be like three times the size of the third? Only thing I can think of is the bigger two are roosters or turkeys? All three have the same coloration sonim guessing roosters?
Maybe it has to do with pecking order. Maybe the 2 bigger ones aren't letting the 3rd one get as much food as it wants/needs?

Back
Top Bottom