calling any one from missouri

I dont have any chicks but i can say that the ones i got from heartland hatchery are great. Some of my favorite birds. Heartland makes their rounds to the feed stores across MO in the spring and summer.

I've been trying to get ahold of Estes with no luck, do you know if they're selling chicks right now? If all else fails I'll go to cackle, it's just a long drive. But my friend is moving back to missouri 3 days before Christmas and she is finally able to have chickens again so I'm getting her some for Christmas but she only wants chicks, so she can tame them lol

Estes business is primarily wholesale. I don't think they have any chicks available till spring 2016.
I don't think Cackle will have any till February.

Your best bet may be to contact some of the breeders in the link I gave you to see if they have any or if they could set eggs for you.

I live in Missouri and order from ideal poultry once or twice a year.

Ideal poultry ships every Wednesday. Idealpoultry.com. Click specials for sales. Call or order online. Calling is easiest way to find what is available this time of year

On Tuesdays they often have increased availability if have better than expected hatch.

Last edited:
Welp, looks like some of my girls decided it's time to molt. Guess sometime next year I get to look forward to larger eggs. went from 14-16 eggs a day down to 4 now, and it looks like a massacre with all the feathers in the coop. I love how funny they look now too. I went ahead and thew a few extra bails of hay in the coop this past weekend to try and keep them a little warmer.

Mine molted earlier this fall and it looked like a massacre happened. Hope your's get thru it soon with the cold season coming. At least they'll look good when they are done.

Mine have been slowly picking up in the egg laying (hooray) since they molted.

CG

frow.gif
Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope it was a good one!

Back
Top Bottom