calling any one from missouri

Well that's good to know!

I've got about 4 extras that I need to get rid of. I don't exactly want to just give them away with all the feed I have in them. I've never sold at Jacobs cave but have bought lots! Lol! When I was a kid I always went with my dad and he'd set up and sell chicks, ducks, what have you and pick up a goat and peacock or two every time. XD Back then it was free to spectate and only cost $5 to set up.

Last edited:
As you are from southwest Missouri, you are probably familiar with D&R Auction, at Cassville, this is what happened the last visit. I sold 3 drakes (White Pekins) and two barnyard roosters for $13.60, of which I paid 20% to the auction house. On the flipside, I bought three young laying hens for $6.75 ($10.88 for a total of five birds.) Prices are down, but look for a strong reboot in the spring.
Good luck with your birds!
Glenn Scheer

Bullets,you are braver than am I. Including the meds, starter, grower, then the stress of worrying about losing them, I find it easier to buy young pullets from reputable people and skip the first 4 months of stress. OK, I am a coward. but I have not had a chick killed in several years...ha, ha! I do let the ducks hatch their young, and will the goose when she does set. I am happy for you, I just do it differently. By the way, depending on the exact situation, I would be interested in a few young pullets, in the spring. 417-662-0025.

Bullets,you are braver than am I.  Including the meds, starter, grower, then the stress of worrying about losing them, I find it easier to buy young pullets from reputable people and skip the first 4 months of stress.  OK, I am a coward. but I have not had a chick killed in several years...ha, ha!  I do let the ducks hatch their young, and will the goose when she does set.  I am happy for you, I just do it differently. By the way, depending on the exact situation, I would be interested in a few young pullets, in the spring. 417-662-0025.

You are so kind! I will definitely keep you in my phone book :]

I'll send you a text later so you'll have my # too.

I will say it is much easier just buying young pullets. You're right, there's a lot that goes into raising a chicken from an egg to a layer! I started out of the gate with eggs from the beginning sp I guess I know no different, brave or not! Lol

Back
Top Bottom