calling any one from missouri

Good morning all .....32 here.....one last warmish windy day. We'll be focussing on more firewood collecting here.

Good morning 25°F here, got a fire going in the shop all ready... today looks like a good day to cut rounds and split firewood for next year. Down to less than 1/2 my firewood starting to panic a bit.

JT

Speaking of wood heat, a couple days ago there was an ember in our stove that looked just like a chicken...
chicken ember.jpg

Looks like I'm going to have only one chick hatch out of the three I set.
:barnie WINTER. Three eggs all week. One egg was clear, one hatching, but the other :idunno
Is there a slight chance anyone has a day-to-day chick or two they would be willing to part with?
Know where I can find some quality FBCM chicks this time of year?
@LilJoe ?
IMG_20180203_070416833.jpg

Is that an indoor wood stove? My mother has been wanting one for years. I bet they're nice this time of year.
Yes, indoor. It's our only heat for 3 winters now. It's nice but a lot of work. And we're low on firewood since it has been so cold. Lots of dead trees tho, we go out in our woods w a moisture meter to make sure it's dry enuf.
Good luck on your chick search. Were going to Cackle on Monday, do they have any? We're coming back thru Springfield....is that your city?

Yes, indoor. It's our only heat for 3 winters now. It's nice but a lot of work. And we're low on firewood since it has been so cold. Lots of dead trees tho, we go out in our woods w a moisture meter to make sure it's dry enuf.
Good luck on your chick search. Were going to Cackle on Monday, do they have any? We're coming back thru Springfield....is that your city?
Cackle just has commoner chickens.i seek only the best! But, yeah, they're selling right now. They're located about an hour from where we live.

Back
Top Bottom