calling any one from missouri

I don't know but here are some links:

Edible shrooms:
https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-...fg_types:5589&f[1]=field_safety_concerns:5467

All shrooms:
https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/field-guide/search?f[0]=field_fg_types:5589

I have a friend who grew shitakes a couple years ago, i was thinking of trying that this spring.... basically you take a piece of white oak ( or maybe any oak? ) cut at a certain time of year when it has a lot of sugar content ( I think late winter) ... and then you order the spores online, and spread them on the log, and put it in a shady spot... water from time to time... and pick them as they become available... seems easy enough :idunno

I don't know but here are some links:

Edible shrooms:
https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/field-guide/search?f[0]=field_fg_types:5589&f[1]=field_safety_concerns:5467

All shrooms:
https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/field-guide/search?f[0]=field_fg_types:5589

I have a friend who grew shitakes a couple years ago, i was thinking of trying that this spring.... basically you take a piece of white oak ( or maybe any oak? ) cut at a certain time of year when it has a lot of sugar content ( I think late winter) ... and then you order the spores online, and spread them on the log, and put it in a shady spot... water from time to time... and pick them as they become available... seems easy enough :idunno
The only ones I've eaten are morels. Growing shiitake would be really interesting....

Lamar' s fair is going on, they do not have poultry ) : but since this is in our county we're stopping in this PM. Maybe get some of the rotary club's bbq chicken. The fair is held on/around the town square, which is nice. The livestock is behind the Lamar Bank. It has been cloudy and not too hot here despite predictions of heat returning.

Fair pics...the usual BBQ chicken, kids showing livestock, the merry-go-round
fair food (3 of 1).jpg
fair1 (3 of 1).jpg fair2 (3 of 1).jpg

Yeah, it's pretty uncomfortable ......
My happy news is that I got some feed today at Race Bro in Carthage that is only 2 weeks old! I had walked out of TSC last week when all they had was dated June 2. I had to ask the employee to get me a bag from the bottom of the stack, all the ones on top were older. He moved 5 50 lb bags for me and then even carried mine to the car, yay!

Hi, my name is Zoe, I live in southern missouri, I just made an account on here because I'm constantly coming to this site for advice and help and now I'm in need of a Mallard duck. I had two mallards, bonnie and Clyde, and unfortunately a raccoon got a hold of Clyde the other night in their pin and hes no longer with us. I'm very worried now for bonnie being all alone, she doesn't do well with it, shes very social. So we tried looking into getting some more mallard ducklings but with it starting to get colder out I don't think they'd make it, even with bonnie there.
So if anyone knows someone willing to help bonnie out by giving her a new friend, male or female, that would make my year. I just don't want her being alone all the time, shes only about 3 months too, tons of energy. Just wanna see her play happy.
We did fix the pin up better than before so hopefully it keeps the other animals out.
Thank you for you're time.

Hi, my name is Zoe, I live in southern missouri, I just made an account on here because I'm constantly coming to this site for advice and help and now I'm in need of a Mallard duck. I had two mallards, bonnie and Clyde, and unfortunately a raccoon got a hold of Clyde the other night in their pin and hes no longer with us. I'm very worried now for bonnie being all alone, she doesn't do well with it, shes very social. So we tried looking into getting some more mallard ducklings but with it starting to get colder out I don't think they'd make it, even with bonnie there.
So if anyone knows someone willing to help bonnie out by giving her a new friend, male or female, that would make my year. I just don't want her being alone all the time, shes only about 3 months too, tons of energy. Just wanna see her play happy.
We did fix the pin up better than before so hopefully it keeps the other animals out.
Thank you for you're time.
Welcome to the MO thread! Sorry to hear about Clyde. Do you live near SW MO? There's a poultry swap in Joplin Sat Sept 1 at Turkey Creek Feed. Does it have to be a mallard or would another breed do?
@shawluvsbirds did you find a home for your call drake?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom