calling any one from missouri

Well, after how many inches of rain, our bridge got washed out....
oh well. At least, our house didn't blow away.:p
edit to clarify, bridge looks like it is still there, it's a big part the road up to it that is gone.

Last edited:
Because it's our birthday and we are 4 weeks old today. I finally had an excuse to work on the exhaust of the car today too wet to work outside.

Not much left of the brooder, been removing it bit by bit so no big change. This has worked much better than last time stuffing them in a carrier and moving to a new location was so dramatic lol.

Edit: wrong photo... here is the correct photo from today.
5-27-20-01.jpg

JT

Last edited:
Because it's our birthday and we are 4 weeks old today. I finally had an excuse to work on the exhaust of the car today too wet to work outside.

Not much left of the brooder, been removing it bit by bit so no big change. This has worked much better than last time stuffing them in a carrier and moving to a new location was so dramatic lol.

View attachment 2162556

JT
That has got to be the best brooder set up I've ever seen.

Our forecast for sun doesn't start until Saturday. My northern part of the property is so wet I can't mow the weeds.

JT
Same here! It is so wet and soggy that I made a mess of the yard taking 6 or 7 wagon loads of garden soil over to the raised bed. 😞 And we are supposed to get more tomorrow. We had off and on showers today, which was better than I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be a steady rain all day.

Edit: wrong photo... here is the correct photo from today.
View attachment 2162638

JT
That is a really good idea! I never heard of anyone doing it that way before!

On a good note the Amprol 128 seems to be doing it's job and the chick's poop is looking good... can poop look good? Well when it rolls off of you it's good poop when it sticks to you not so good. Anyway they have been on Amprol 128 water for 8 days now, the maximum is 14 days so I'm pondering how long to keep them on Amprol 128?

Edit: well at least one has runny poop this morning so I'm staying on Amprol 128 for the 14 days I think.

JT

Last edited:
On a good note the Amprol 128 seems to be doing it's job and the chick's poop is looking good... can poop look good? Well when it rolls off of you it's good poop when it sticks to you not so good. Anyway they have been on Amprol 128 water for 8 days now, the maximum is 14 days so I'm pondering how long to keep them on Amprol 128?

Edit: well at least one has runny poop this morning so I'm staying on Amprol 128 for the 14 days I think.

JT
At least one of our brooder chicks developed diarrhea, and suddenly there was what appeared to be bloody poop. It was evening, I went to Orscheln's next morning and got Corid brand amprolium . By then, there was no blood in poop. I put the liquid in water, amt reco'd for mild outbreak. By next day, all poop seemed fine, well maybe slightly loose here and there. This was 3 days ago. So far so good. I decided to put the preventive dose in the outdoor chicks' water too. It has been so wet here, and I read that the coccidia are worse in wet conditions.
Corid dose.png

Moonshine and her chicks this morning--on their jungle gym...2 weeks
Moonshine & chicks 5 28 2 weeks.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom