calling any one from missouri

Mini coop progress. For roofing we used leftover bituminous film we saved almost 20 years ago when we used it on a flat roof house. It sticks to roof and to itself so no nails are needed. There are 2 layers. It sticks like it's new, what a relief.
Tomorrow we'll put it in place and paint it, then add the door and vents. Oh yeah, and a run parallel to the main run. Chicks will be 4 weeks. Maybe they can move in on their 'birthday.' That was the plan....
View attachment 2170528 View attachment 2170531 View attachment 2170529
View attachment 2170532 View attachment 2170534

... other times I get to feeling sorry for myself and wishing I was one of Sue’s chickens!

Forgot to ask my mom what this shrub is...it looks like mini rose but if it is it's huge. It sure is loaded with blooms this year!View attachment 2173075

my granny had a climbing rose called ‘seven sisters’ but I think it was I bit different color... my sis had cutting from it for years , but lost it

if you do get the name you gosta let us know!

Big news here today was ...it was my lovely wife’s birthday... I tried to be polite and not remind her, but her brother and my mom had already texted her before 8am and so the cat was out of the bag....

But I didn’t get back up to the house until 9:30 ish and found her and the cat on the porch... one of them was acting ‘off’ and the other was sipping coffee and remarking about the ‘offness’....

so I scrambled for a cardboard box and some old towels and the cat broke apart into kittens in that box on the porch, literally within ten minutes of me putting it down (we’ve had a ‘nest box set up in the garage for two weeks’)

so kittens on Mrs. OhZark’s birthday was pretty special!... even if momma cat won’t let us see the littles yet 😀

Last edited:
Big news here today was ...it was my lovely wife’s birthday... I tried to be polite and not remind her, but her brother and my mom had already texted her before 8am and so the cat was out of the bag....

But I didn’t get back up to the house until 9:30 ish and found her and the cat on the porch... one of them was acting ‘off’ and the other was sipping coffee and remarking about the ‘offness’....

so I scrambled for a cardboard box and some old towels and the cat broke apart into kittens in that box on the porch, literally within ten minutes of me putting it down (we’ve had a ‘nest box set up in the garage for two weeks’)

so kittens on Mrs. OhZark’s birthday was pretty special!... even if momma cat won’t let us see the littles yet 😀
Congratulations!
If you consider Breaking cats something to be congratulated for. 🤣 I'd have a few choice words to say to that used cat saleswoman if I were you. 😉

Congratulations!
If you consider Breaking cats something to be congratulated for. 🤣 I'd have a few choice words to say to that used cat saleswoman if I were you. 😉

if we wanted to get even with the cat peddler ( my sis who rehoused this stray cat once before) I’d tell her daughter (my niece for those keeping score)... and promise her 3 or 4 of them, lol

But as is, we’re just enjoying the fun of it all... once that all wears thin, there will be vet visits with shots and and snippings all around... heck I might get in line #1 my own self 😉

AE09FF02-A381-4277-B261-C8C5BFF891AA.jpeg

Momma broody with her 4 store bought kids because none of her eggs hatched. She had at least 1 broken egg in the nest box and that compromised the rest of them. 🤢
image.jpg
New puppies. Some how we ended up with 2 of them. 🤣
Zelda is the black one and Lucky is the light colored one with blue eyes. They are sisters. Lab/Rottweiler mix. They were born on my Bday ( March 14). I just weighed them this morning. Lucky is 18 lbs and Zelda is 17.2 pounds. 😳
image.jpg
3 of the 6 oldest meat birds. I should start butchering soon.

Last edited:
image.jpg
The bees are doing good despite my lack of knowledge. 🤣 I haven’t even seen the queen but I know she is in there doing great things! The bees are out flying this morning. I need to get in there and check things out but I was hoping my mentor could come by soon to help me do a thorough look through. But I’m not sure that is going to happen.
image.jpg

2nd set of meat birds. Bought these at Cackle Hatchery. I picked them up the last week in April. I lost 1 to getting smooshed under the brooder. I thought I had lost a 2nd to wandering but was wrong.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Apparently this hen likes to be up high! I just watched her make her way to the top of the big coop!
🤣

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom