calling any one from missouri

Walked around the deck just now and there was not a bird in sight around my 7 bird feeders... then I spotted the hawk sitting on a branch overlooking the feeders...

JT
Hawks have been plentiful this year!
We went to Springfield last week and I have a habit of counting Hawks I see along the way. 12 within the first 20 miles...and a bald eagle!
and of course those are just the ones I happened to see. I'm sure they were more.
I never used to see eagles around here.

I was stoking the fire in the wood stove of the shop and when I removed a split there was a black bat... in a high pitched voice it said "TURN THE LIGHT OFF" so I replaced the split and hung up a bat house near by in case he liked a better digs.

bat-man.jpg

JT

We got our first covid shots today along with 1,998 other folks here at Butler County. I gotta say the National Guard, Three Rivers Nursing Students, the RN's and the Butler County Health Department did a fantastic job today. It did take 3 1/2 hours to work our way to the end but they provided everyone with snacks and we read a book while in the big queue. There was 10 lanes of 5 vehicles in each lane getting shots, behind that was 4 lanes with 25 or so vehicles in each lane, behind that was the large queue with about 10 lanes with 30 or so vehicles in each lane and behind that they were stretched out on Hwy 53 for about a mile in each direction... Biggest traffic jam in Poplar Bluff history I think.

JT

We got our first covid shots today along with 1,998 other folks here at Butler County. I gotta say the National Guard, Three Rivers Nursing Students, the RN's and the Butler County Health Department did a fantastic job today. It did take 3 1/2 hours to work our way to the end but they provided everyone with snacks and we read a book while in the big queue. There was 10 lanes of 5 vehicles in each lane getting shots, behind that was 4 lanes with 25 or so vehicles in each lane, behind that was the large queue with about 10 lanes with 30 or so vehicles in each lane and behind that they were stretched out on Hwy 53 for about a mile in each direction... Biggest traffic jam in Poplar Bluff history I think.

JT
That's great! No vaccine here yet. I've called 3 hospitals, health dept, 2 pharmacies, 2 clinics multiple times.. 4 of them put us on notification lists. We'll go with whomever calls us first!

@jthornton ---how did they announce the vaccinations were starting? Had you signed up previously? Did they make provisions for the second dose?
Which vaccine did you get?

@jthornton ---how did they announce the vaccinations were starting? Had you signed up previously? Did they make provisions for the second dose?
Which vaccine did you get?

The newspaper is where my wife saw it and I assume the local news too. The news lady from KFVS12 was at the area where you get the shot taking some video. I wonder if we get to be on the news channel???

As soon as I read the article in the paper I went online and signed up.

The second dose will be 2-12.

We got the Pfizer vaccine so 3 weeks between the first dose and the second dose.

My arm is a bit tender this morning but the wife said her arm hurts, other than that no other side effects so far.

JT

Does anyone have any paint, partridge, or other unique colored silkie they would be willing to sell or trade? No roos but will take hens, straight run chicks, or eggs.

Back
Top Bottom