calling any one from missouri

Tomorrow is Lamar’s poultry swap, starts at 1 pm, at New Beginnings Consignment shop, 1111 12th st. I am bringing my 3 br leghorn hens to sell.
The woman in charge says it has been well attended, 25-30 sellers and lots of buyers.
EA2204FD-13FE-4B64-AFE5-390FA64C1405.jpeg

I got the Bad Girls enclosure sealed up and 1/2 of my canopy frame setup, just need to put a tarp on when she is not in there. After sticking her head through the chain link and touching the hot wire Miss Behaving has been spending more time in the cage with the door open all the time. Still gotta sort out what to do with Blondie and BP3.
4-18-21.jpg

I either need to make a taller gate or find something to replace the chicken towel...

JT

I sold the 3 pushy leghorns and tho I felt sorry for them, it feels SO GOOD to have less chickens! I have 11. Except for an elderly Speckled Sussex, all the others are either Spitzhauben, Sebright, or cross of the 2. Roosting time should be much less stressful tonight.

Forecast says we are getting 2+” of snow tomorrow! Anyone else getting snow? If you do, take a pic for us!
❄️❄️❄️❄️
Our little chicken community is really calm this morning. No drama. Lots of room for everyone. It made a huge difference, re-homing the 3 leghorns. I may sell 2 or 3 of the Sprights next month, they tend to be broody. There’s one in broody jail in the basement right now and I’m not so thrilled with doing this over and over. We’ll see.
I’d like to concentrate on Spitzhaubens. Right now I have 3 hens and one rooster.

@shawluvsbirds —-you won 2nd place in the Easter Basket contest, and I got a 3rd! It looks like there were 2 third places.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/12th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-along—easter-basket-contest.1447377/
I saw that!
Congrats 🎉
It’s snowing heavily here!
Here too. It's unreal!
My poor crabapple tree.
Something always happens to it after it blooms out. It's so pretty for a few days and it either hails or the wind blows like crazy or we have a big flood or snow knocking all the blooms off. 🤬

Back
Top Bottom