calling any one from missouri

The dark chick (brown egg) hatched yesterday. The light one (green egg) this afternoon.

571062D5-8A79-4B13-AB5F-B49339699486.jpeg

And here’s mama in her improved digs...

EBD97A62-D851-4C2C-ACBC-C60CEE2CA95D.jpeg

I am beginning to suspect (hope) that the Polar Vortex killed the armadillos. Haven’t seen any of them, nor any damage. There are several newly tilled areas they would have loved to mess up that remain untouched.
Anyone else?
I have started seeing dead ones on the side of the road, so I guess they are still out there.
Up near where I live ( about 10 to 15 minutes away) there have been 4 bear sightings in the last 4 days!

Good to hear that you all are starting to see hummingbirds in your areas. I will have to fill my feeders!

I started a lot of veggie plants from seeds but then I put them out too soon ( they were outgrowing their area inside). So I ended up loosing all of them. I have 1 vining something
(could be yellow squash, or luffa or watermelon) but I don't think it is a watermelon that was still inside. It has a lot of flowers on it now! I have had it outside hardening off and will plant it in the garden tomorrow. I also have some kind of peppers, but they are really small. The potatoes I planted in the garden are all coming up! I need to add on more soil.
I guess I will end up with store bought tomato plants this year ( again). Oh, and my strawberries are taking over my asparagus patch!

Back
Top Bottom