calling any one from missouri

I can only imagine what these dozen thought as they rode through the night and day only to see me when I opened the box!
5-1-20-00.jpg

JT

Same hatch date as mine! What did you get?
These were born on 4/29/20 and I'll never forget the day they arrived... it was 45°F and I was not expecting them that so the coop was cold. I scrambled to get every heater I had while they sat in the van with the heater on. The lady at the post office said all the chicks in one trailer were dead but mine were ok. Oh yea they are Cinnamon Queens. They act like the Dalton Gang some times but lay eggs like crazy.

Hmm I have to stop calling them pullets, they might get insulted.

JT

All my young girls (7) have become hens too. This is birthday week for them. Some hatched on Star Wars Day (May the 4th) , some on Cinco de Mayo, and my broody hatched some a few days later.
This is Princess Laia and Nadine
View attachment 2655828
Here's Margarita, my goofy little buddy
View attachment 2655833
Nice looking ladies you have there!

Orschelns has 6.6 1.25 T posts on sale for $4.29 with clips so I grabbed a few and used the 4' chicken wire I had left to make a compound for the CQ hens to have another place to go and get some greens. Either my wife or me sit with them just to make sure a dog does not come by.
south-yard-01.jpg

Yea I know I need to paint the house... it's on the list.

JT

Orschelns has 6.6 1.25 T posts on sale for $4.29 with clips so I grabbed a few and used the 4' chicken wire I had left to make a compound for the CQ hens to have another place to go and get some greens. Either my wife or me sit with them just to make sure a dog does not come by.
View attachment 2656662

Yea I know I need to paint the house... it's on the list.

JT
Pretty yard view! I just love how green everything gets in MO.

Have you seen this Clip Bender doohickey? https://www.clipbenders.com/
It makes putting up the fencing so much easier. It was $20 on Amazon & worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom