calling any one from missouri

@SueT were you the one looking for ideas for a Christmas jelly? I came across a recipe for "Caramel Apple Coffee Jam". I haven't made it yet because I don't drink coffee and therefore don't have any in the house, but I think it sounds like something a lot of people would enjoy. If you are interested, let me know and I'll write out the recipe.

@SueT were you the one looking for ideas for a Christmas jelly? I came across a recipe for "Caramel Apple Coffee Jam". I haven't made it yet because I don't drink coffee and therefore don't have any in the house, but I think it sounds like something a lot of people would enjoy. If you are interested, let me know and I'll write out the recipe.
I didn’t, but it sounds interesting! I was curious, so I googled it, and found it online just now! Thanks for the idea!
Here’s a screenshot of the ingredients from the page
B91CB4E0-6042-41A7-B094-FF8C11934C9E.jpeg
And here’s the link, I think it would make nice Christmas gifts for neighbors
https://www.freshpreserving.com/blog?cid=caramel-apple-coffee-jam

I wish I could say that about my Cinnamon Queen's... I have one with bad bumblefoot, one that got sick and died and a bunch of bare butts lol. I do have one that's a joy because she likes to be carried around. They do lay a lot of eggs the first 6 months... and I wish I had more space setup for them during the day.

JT
I have 3 Cinnamon Queens left of the 6 I got mid-2018. They were the first to lay (right at 20 weeks) & are prolific layers. They are not that friendly (peckers) to the other girls (especially lower ranked) & they don’t want much to do with me. The hens lost were 2-3 years old from what appeared to be reproductive issues.

All my Cackle chicks have been healthy babies. I am very happy with the hatchery & highly recommend them. Probably won’t get CQs again though.

I wish I could say that about my Cinnamon Queen's... I have one with bad bumblefoot, one that got sick and died and a bunch of bare butts lol. I do have one that's a joy because she likes to be carried around. They do lay a lot of eggs the first 6 months... and I wish I had more space setup for them during the day.

JT

Probably won’t get CQs again though.
I’d say that’s 2 strikes against CQ’s.
But are they still laying?
My hens are all tapering down now. Molting is happening. Yesterday I only got 1 egg (from 10 hens).

My hens are all tapering down now. Molting is happening. Yesterday I only got 1 egg (from 10 hens).
I believe them to be. I have 14 gals left from that batch. I’m getting 1-8 eggs a day, 5 average. My EEs are still going strong, strongest I’d say, which surprises me.

My neighbor has year old CQs. Hers seem fine. Not as large though.

The 10 CQ's are 17 months old and laid 15 dozen eggs so far this month.

Some of the RIR's are molting and I get an egg every other day or so from them now with the monthly total at 22. The RIR's are 4.1 years old and I have 4 left of the original 9.

JT

Back
Top Bottom