calling any one from missouri

hello, just wondering who comes from missouri
hu.gif
:

woot.gif
my chicken came from missouri, then maine, and then Louisiana! Shes a southern gal ;)
BEB21460-DF2F-4BBC-B511-6D3FA9058694.jpeg

For anyone living near St. Louis who might be interested, I have chicken classes coming up the next 3 months at St. Louis Community College, Meramec campus.

Backyard Chickens For Beginners
Have you thought about keeping chickens in your city or suburban backyard? Learn local ordinances and where to find more information for your area. Hear about the benefits of keeping chickens, appropriate housing and feeding, and different ways to keep your chickens healthy and happy. Instructor has years of personal and professional experience, and is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable healthy-chicken farmer. Course meets curriculum requirements for Master Naturalist program. Cost for individuals 60 and older: $29. Registration closes three business days prior to class start. Class location: MC-SS 108.
ECOL-705 | 1 session | $29 AGE 60+ | $39 REG
P01
Sa 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | Guy Niere
Mar 12 | MC-SS 108

Backyard Chickens for the Experienced
If you've been keeping chickens for a while and are looking for answers to your specific questions, this class is for you! Gain in-depth knowledge of: diseases, parasites and treatments; chicken anatomy and egg development; incubation and broody hatching; culling and processing; breed characteristics, showing, and judging for standards of perfection, supporting heritage breeds; and changing ordinances. This is an intermediate level class and will not include introductory information covered in Backyard Chickens for the Beginner. Course meets curriculum requirements for Master Naturalist program. Cost for individuals 60 and older: $23. Registration closes three business days prior to class start. Class location: MC-SS 108.
ECOL-705 | 1 session | $23 AGE 60+ | $29 REG
P02
Sa 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Guy Niere
Apr 9 | MC-SS 108

Incubating Bird Eggs
Learn about successful incubation of all species of birds with emphasis on chickens as well as other species of poultry and waterfowl. Additional information will be provided for brooding chicks, poults, ducklings and goslings. Course meets curriculum requirements for Master Naturalist program. Cost for individuals 60 and older: $26. Registration closes three business days prior to class start. Class location: MC-SS 108.
ECOL-705 | 1 session | $26 AGE 60+ | $35 REG
P03
Sa 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Guy Niere
Apr 30 | MC-SS 108

For registration:
https://applications.stlcc.edu/Continuing-Education/classes/index.asp?Cat=XGAR

I can attest to the fact that Guy is very knowledgeable about all things chicken and loves to share his knowledge and experience!! I’ve met him multiple times, gotten Black Penedesenca chickens from him, attended a chicken processing hands on demonstration and attended other events when he was there as well.

C0D5357D-2DCC-47A6-82DB-13235BB68E7B.jpeg

Here is tonight’s excitement at my house. Apparently a wild bird got inside at some point. We were trying to shoo it outside through an open sliding glass door. No luck. Now it’s trapped in our bathroom to keep the cat from catching it.
We have the bathroom window open but I’m guessing it won’t go out until it’s daylight.

View attachment 3017825
Here is tonight’s excitement at my house. Apparently a wild bird got inside at some point. We were trying to shoo it outside through an open sliding glass door. No luck. Now it’s trapped in our bathroom to keep the cat from catching it.
We have the bathroom window open but I’m guessing it won’t go out until it’s daylight.
?Maybe?
Screenshot_20220307-211255.png

View attachment 3017825
Whenever we’ve had a bird in our house, it’s because the cat brought it in....We keep a ‘butterfly’ net inside just for this occasion. Ollie the little Adventure cat, brings in mice, voles, snakes, birds, grasshoppers, etc. Then he lets them go and proceeds to chase them. Often the mice get away. That’s when the little terrier is called. He loves finding the mice. Maybe Ollie brings them in for him. Not a day goes by that he doesn’t bring something in, usually mice.
CC787C58-0D13-451A-A279-6BB15340DE38.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom