calling any one from missouri

So I finally got around to trying grape jelly in the bird feeder that I read about here & oh what a difference! The birds don’t even mind when it turns to soup with the rain. Here are a few I’ve managed to snap…please excuse my grainy pics…

Oriole
C7F5194B-2ED5-451C-85B9-1DB1C16E61A4.jpeg

Rose Breasted Grosbeak
5D766A35-DD5C-4F58-908D-5C56308809C4.jpeg

Hummingbirds have been coming around too!

Where in Oregon? I have kids in Hood River and Portland.....
Newberg. I moved from Missouri to get closer to family. In Missouri just about any place I wanted to go, like the vet, groceries, doctor, etc. was 45 minutes driving time. Here just about every place I need to go I get there in five to 15 minutes. I got here in November. Yesterday was only the second time I have had to buy gas since I relocated.

We got a lot of rain! 4” here, but parts of the county got 8-9” . Roads to Lamar are closed. The park is flooded. This photo shows the foot bridge underwater:
F9A0BBBB-6F42-44ED-AA09-2EDA37261766.jpeg
Now we will warm up and dry out! Forecast looks good!

We got a lot of rain! 4” here, but parts of the county got 8-9” . Roads to Lamar are closed. The park is flooded. This photo shows the foot bridge underwater:
View attachment 3094886
Now we will warm up and dry out! Forecast looks good!
It's flipping crazy around here too.
A lot of people's driveways are washed out..
I think J said we got 5in. overnight out at the schoolhouse night before last and it rained about all night again last night.
And we need an a ridge cap on the schoolhouse because when it storms like this it leaks down the center so he had a water mess to clean up out there as well as at home our little building here floods too. Standing water in the yard. Even the ducks are starting to look for higher ground. 😂

It's flipping crazy around here too.
A lot of people's driveways are washed out..
I think J said we got 5in. overnight out at the schoolhouse night before last and it rained about all night again last night.
And we need an a ridge cap on the schoolhouse because when it storms like this it leaks down the center so he had a water mess to clean up out there as well as at home our little building here floods too. Standing water in the yard. Even the ducks are starting to look for higher ground. 😂
We drove into Lamar via the only open road to see the flooding
C89D92DC-6698-4408-B5B8-D0E4F7972A58.jpeg
Above, at the park

CCF53922-AA95-4A71-AC89-7DFE17878718.jpeg

We drove into Lamar via the only open road to see the flooding
View attachment 3095088
Above, at the park

View attachment 3095089
Holy moley!

I was going to say something about how badly I need to mow and weed eat again and I was looking for a giffy of someone weed eating in the water. Couldn't find one but came across this gem so might as well post it instead. 😂
vegan-power-dishwasher.gif

Yep he really had a white bat around that year… I don’t know that he believed in the luck part of it, but I heard that list of bad luck it brought him repeatedly over the years, lol He was a character.

Growing up, most of my people talked about the old folklore all the time just mixed into normal conversation, kinda just for fun. It was usually in reference to what my great grandparents and their generation believed and did.

but I have one aunt that’s serious about it, or at least about some of it. I saw her a couple of weeks ago and she was telling me that since the weather was nice she was finally able to open the windows and burn some sage to get rid of the spook that had come in over the winter. I must have showed interest, because I got 45 minutes of schooling on potions and preventions to keep ghosts away, lol
If anyone needs any more proof that our phones keep records of the things we talk about everywhere and spread them across different platforms...
I got this tiktok on my for you page today.
Prior to this post I had never heard of sage for running off spooks.
Nor is this anything like I would normally get on my for you page on tick tock I mostly just look at dog stuff and some comedy.
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdgjGJXX/

Kinda makes ya feel creeped on.
But dang it was funny. 😂

Back
Top Bottom