calling any one from missouri

We have a couple of pink flowers in the driveway planter with lalo things in the middle...
driveway-planter-5-14-2022.jpg
JT

We got back from our vacation last night. I checked on the garden this morning.
View attachment 3107387
The yellow flowers are from the book choy, it bolted. 😞 I’m guessing the book choy is not good anymore 🤷‍♀️ I’ve never grown it before so I don’t know.
Some of the radishes were ready to be pulled 😁
My artichoke arrive in the mail. I didn’t know they came from tubers! I had started some from seeds. 1 is still hanging in there. Now I’m going to plant the tubers and see how they do
Sounds like you got Jerusalem artichokes, which are not artichokes, but an edible tuber related to sunflowers. Very delicious tho!

Top one is a bee balm… it looks different than the bee balm I see here ( I like yours better!)

Not sure about the second, I think it might be a milkweed, but I might be way off.
I was wondering! The first one just popped up 2 days ago and I only have a few, the second one I have dozens of. I've got alot of different wildflowers hidden in my little chunk of woods, I will try to get pics when I notice them

Man! Now I’m disappointed ☹️. I thought I was getting real artichokes.
How do you eat Jerusalem Artichokes? Like a potato?
Yes! I haven’t seen any for years. They are delicious!
I don’t know much about growing real artichokes, but I’m pretty sure it gets too cold here. They take more than one year to produce artichokes.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom