calling any one from missouri

I still have a few, hens mostly. Did not have as many this year as last ... last year they had me filling 4 feeders daily. This year, only two small feeders, and only once or twice a week and they are not even close to emptying them. Heat? Drought? Bird flu?

This is the little bantam EE cockerel, Robin Hood. He is getting some pretty gold highlights and a grey beard. He has a simple 3 note monotone crow—eh eh eh. I like to think he’s saying his name. 11 weeks now.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Just found this thread!, I'm in Missouri!, I rase Gamefowl, Many breeds of Pigeons, Rabbits, Call Ducks, Silkies, Heritage Turkeys, Geese and Quail, Sadly Hummingbirds have left to migrate back to Mexico for the winter, Some will stay for longer, Others leave earlier
Welcome to the party. I would have too much fun with all those birds.

Speaking of migration to Mexico, I have seen a lot of Monarch butterflies lately! All heading south…..
Saw 5 while driving into town this morning, almost hit 2 of them w my car…
So I went outside just now to check the thistle plant we allowed to grow in the back yard. It has just one flower left, and there was a monarch on it. But I couldn’t get a pic before it flitted away.Then another passed thru, without stopping! Que le vaya bien IMG_5945.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom