calling any one from missouri

Even my kids in Oregon, which had 90% totality, but also a cloudy day, said that although it did get darker, they wouldn’t have noticed had they not been looking for it.
HOWEVER, next April 8, total eclipse, goes thru this path, right thru SE MO. We’re planning to go south into AR.
IMG_3088.png

Finally, it’s about time! The mama hen weaned her youngsters who are 3 months old now, practically grown up. She was chasing them away today rather meanly. I opened the little door into the main run and she hurried through, without looking back. I closed it behind her. It was like a George Jones song, She stopped loving them today…..🥲
Little Robin Hood is now the leader of the little flock. IMG_6103.jpeg

Cool.
Mine are just pet quality but if you want more later in towards spring i could probably hook ya up with eggs or ducklings. I'm in southwest Mo.
How much for a dozen?, You have my interest, I'm towards Lebanon area, I don't know my area to well tho, Lol, I'm younger and don't have a car yet so pickup wouldn't likely be an option lol, I do often go to Jacobs Cave Swap Meet at the lake tho!

Anyone from southwest MO keep modern game bantams? If you do how to you keep them warm during the winters? Can I keep them warm with out a heat lamp?
And coops. What should they look like?
Thanks.
I keep Old English Game Bantams and never use heat lamps for any of my Birds, Mainly bc if your power went out and that cut off the Birds aren't used to the cold and could die, Also fires are a big hazard

It's very fall-ish today. I'm planning on making chili and cornbread for dinner. Meat birds are doing great and will be processed in a few weeks. Fancy new chicken area is in the works.
Mmm, chili and cornbread! Sounds good. Think I'll fix that for tomorrow, thanks!

Pic #2 is a gorgeous example of mammatus clouds!

Even my kids in Oregon, which had 90% totality, but also a cloudy day, said that although it did get darker, they wouldn’t have noticed had they not been looking for it.
HOWEVER, next April 8, total eclipse, goes thru this path, right thru SE MO. We’re planning to go south into AR.
View attachment 3660062
Yup, that will go right over our heads! Can't wait!

Finally, it’s about time! The mama hen weaned her youngsters who are 3 months old now, practically grown up. She was chasing them away today rather meanly. I opened the little door into the main run and she hurried through, without looking back. I closed it behind her. It was like a George Jones song, She stopped loving them today…..🥲
Little Robin Hood is now the leader of the little flock. View attachment 3660436
Whoa, those birds are TURQUOISE! Quick, tell me what they are, where I can get some, and what color eggs they lay! (And what they cost.) I need to replace at least 12 of my 21 birds this spring.

Whoa, those birds are TURQUOISE! Quick, tell me what they are, where I can get some, and what color eggs they lay! (And what they cost.) I need to replace at least 12 of my 21 birds this spring.
They are just bantam Easter eggers. I had planned to get Ameraucanas, which come in specific colors, including blue, which I wanted, and will always lay blue eggs. EE’s are derived from Ameraucanas, and maybe some Cream Legbar, so are a mixed breed that will hopefully lay blue or green eggs. Fingers crossed on that.
EE’s are various colors, as you probably know they are not sold as any specific color— but I intentionally picked out gray ones hoping to get blue chickens. In the right light, they do look blue. That’s how I got a blue flock.
Many hatcheries, including Heartland, where these came from, call their EE’s ‘Americanas’ (note spelling)
On BYC, Ameraucana enthusiasts will quickly point out to Americana people that their chickens are not a pure breed. 😜 So best to call them EE’s and avoid that whole thing.
EE’s cost about the same as other common breeds, Ameraucanas are a lot more expensive, I had planned to get hatching eggs. That’s another story.
I’m kind of glad I got mere EE’s as it’s easier to spell, and I don’t have to wonder if they meet any standard or not, since there is no standard.
Oh, and like Ameraucanas, they have beards! I love the bearded look!
IMG_6110.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom